Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey season came to a close Tuesday night as the No. 4 seeded Warhawks lost to the No. 1 seeded University School team at USM in the WIAA sectional semifinals, 3-2.
AHS finished the season with a 14-11-1 record, the second-worst mark in Coach Carl Valimont's 11-year career at AHS.
Logan Martell and Colton Sweitzer scored the Arrowhead goals and senior captain Brian Berger assisted on both scores.
Berger, with his two points, became the all-time leading scorer at Arrowhead with 180 points. The previous scoring leader was Chris Essig (1999-2002) with 178 points. In his career, Berger had 77 goals and 103 assists. He's also the all-time assist leader at AHS.
By winning, USM (14-7-3) will play against Cedarburg at Beaver Dam Saturday at 2 p.m. The winner of that game will move on to the state tournament.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts