Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey season came to a close Tuesday night as the No. 4 seeded Warhawks lost to the No. 1 seeded University School team at USM in the WIAA sectional semifinals, 3-2.
AHS finished the season with a 14-11-1 record, the second-worst mark in Coach Carl Valimont's 11-year career at AHS.
Logan Martell and Colton Sweitzer scored the Arrowhead goals and senior captain Brian Berger assisted on both scores.
Berger, with his two points, became the all-time leading scorer at Arrowhead with 180 points. The previous scoring leader was Chris Essig (1999-2002) with 178 points. In his career, Berger had 77 goals and 103 assists. He's also the all-time assist leader at AHS.
By winning, USM (14-7-3) will play against Cedarburg at Beaver Dam Saturday at 2 p.m. The winner of that game will move on to the state tournament.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts