Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey season came to a close Tuesday night as the No. 4 seeded Warhawks lost to the No. 1 seeded University School team at USM in the WIAA sectional semifinals, 3-2.
AHS finished the season with a 14-11-1 record, the second-worst mark in Coach Carl Valimont's 11-year career at AHS.
Logan Martell and Colton Sweitzer scored the Arrowhead goals and senior captain Brian Berger assisted on both scores.
Berger, with his two points, became the all-time leading scorer at Arrowhead with 180 points. The previous scoring leader was Chris Essig (1999-2002) with 178 points. In his career, Berger had 77 goals and 103 assists. He's also the all-time assist leader at AHS.
By winning, USM (14-7-3) will play against Cedarburg at Beaver Dam Saturday at 2 p.m. The winner of that game will move on to the state tournament.
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- Big Bend FD to hold pancake breakfast Sunday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts