Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey season came to a close Tuesday night as the No. 4 seeded Warhawks lost to the No. 1 seeded University School team at USM in the WIAA sectional semifinals, 3-2.
AHS finished the season with a 14-11-1 record, the second-worst mark in Coach Carl Valimont's 11-year career at AHS.
Logan Martell and Colton Sweitzer scored the Arrowhead goals and senior captain Brian Berger assisted on both scores.
Berger, with his two points, became the all-time leading scorer at Arrowhead with 180 points. The previous scoring leader was Chris Essig (1999-2002) with 178 points. In his career, Berger had 77 goals and 103 assists. He's also the all-time assist leader at AHS.
By winning, USM (14-7-3) will play against Cedarburg at Beaver Dam Saturday at 2 p.m. The winner of that game will move on to the state tournament.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts