Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team was brilliant from the free-throw line Tuesday night as they defeated host Brookfield East in a nonconference game, 61-52.
Pewaukee improved to 18-2 on the season and East fell to 8-12.
The Pirates made 22 of 25 free throws for the game, its best performance of the season. In overtime, PHS made 8-of-8 foul shots.
Senior Hannah Frett led the Pirates with 19 points. Emily Wirth added 12 points, Jordyn Swan 9, Natalie Wood 8 and Shannon Kalamarz 7. Wood also yanked down 9 rebounds.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts