Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team was brilliant from the free-throw line Tuesday night as they defeated host Brookfield East in a nonconference game, 61-52.
Pewaukee improved to 18-2 on the season and East fell to 8-12.
The Pirates made 22 of 25 free throws for the game, its best performance of the season. In overtime, PHS made 8-of-8 foul shots.
Senior Hannah Frett led the Pirates with 19 points. Emily Wirth added 12 points, Jordyn Swan 9, Natalie Wood 8 and Shannon Kalamarz 7. Wood also yanked down 9 rebounds.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts