Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team was brilliant from the free-throw line Tuesday night as they defeated host Brookfield East in a nonconference game, 61-52.
Pewaukee improved to 18-2 on the season and East fell to 8-12.
The Pirates made 22 of 25 free throws for the game, its best performance of the season. In overtime, PHS made 8-of-8 foul shots.
Senior Hannah Frett led the Pirates with 19 points. Emily Wirth added 12 points, Jordyn Swan 9, Natalie Wood 8 and Shannon Kalamarz 7. Wood also yanked down 9 rebounds.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts