Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team was brilliant from the free-throw line Tuesday night as they defeated host Brookfield East in a nonconference game, 61-52.
Pewaukee improved to 18-2 on the season and East fell to 8-12.
The Pirates made 22 of 25 free throws for the game, its best performance of the season. In overtime, PHS made 8-of-8 foul shots.
Senior Hannah Frett led the Pirates with 19 points. Emily Wirth added 12 points, Jordyn Swan 9, Natalie Wood 8 and Shannon Kalamarz 7. Wood also yanked down 9 rebounds.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts