Arrowhead's Al Yde's pin at 160 pounds vaulted the senior into tomorrow night's state semifinals in the WIAA Division 1 individual wrestling state meet.
In 56 seconds, Yde defeated Nick Larson of Hudson, ranked No. 2 in the flight to advance. Yde, himself ranked No. 3, must now face No. 1 Matthew Pennings of Green Bay Preble, who needed overtime to get to the semifinals as well.
Shane Hughes also advanced at 171 pounds, scoring a 5-3 victory over Justin Hergins of Racine Case. Top-ranked Devin Peterson of Wisconsin Rapids will await Hughes tomorrow night, with semifinals matches beginning at 7 p.m.
As expected, Jake Sueflohn rolled into the semifinals at 135 pounds, defeating Taylor Mommaerts of Oconomowoc, 12-4. The top-ranked Sueflohn will face Jake Raflik of Wisconsin Rapids in tomorrow's semifinal.
Oconomowoc's Jake Morrison also advanced to the semis at 140 pounds, topping Alex Amann of Racine Horlick, 10-6. The Cooney senior will face Rylen Lubeck of Wisconsin Rapids with a berth in the state finals on the line tomorrow night.
- Sheriff's lieutenant resigns, state authorities refer charges to D.A. (0)
- Simple Hope packathon held at Mukwonago High School (0)
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts