Arrowhead's Al Yde's pin at 160 pounds vaulted the senior into tomorrow night's state semifinals in the WIAA Division 1 individual wrestling state meet.
In 56 seconds, Yde defeated Nick Larson of Hudson, ranked No. 2 in the flight to advance. Yde, himself ranked No. 3, must now face No. 1 Matthew Pennings of Green Bay Preble, who needed overtime to get to the semifinals as well.
Shane Hughes also advanced at 171 pounds, scoring a 5-3 victory over Justin Hergins of Racine Case. Top-ranked Devin Peterson of Wisconsin Rapids will await Hughes tomorrow night, with semifinals matches beginning at 7 p.m.
As expected, Jake Sueflohn rolled into the semifinals at 135 pounds, defeating Taylor Mommaerts of Oconomowoc, 12-4. The top-ranked Sueflohn will face Jake Raflik of Wisconsin Rapids in tomorrow's semifinal.
Oconomowoc's Jake Morrison also advanced to the semis at 140 pounds, topping Alex Amann of Racine Horlick, 10-6. The Cooney senior will face Rylen Lubeck of Wisconsin Rapids with a berth in the state finals on the line tomorrow night.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts