Arrowhead's Al Yde's pin at 160 pounds vaulted the senior into tomorrow night's state semifinals in the WIAA Division 1 individual wrestling state meet.
In 56 seconds, Yde defeated Nick Larson of Hudson, ranked No. 2 in the flight to advance. Yde, himself ranked No. 3, must now face No. 1 Matthew Pennings of Green Bay Preble, who needed overtime to get to the semifinals as well.
Shane Hughes also advanced at 171 pounds, scoring a 5-3 victory over Justin Hergins of Racine Case. Top-ranked Devin Peterson of Wisconsin Rapids will await Hughes tomorrow night, with semifinals matches beginning at 7 p.m.
As expected, Jake Sueflohn rolled into the semifinals at 135 pounds, defeating Taylor Mommaerts of Oconomowoc, 12-4. The top-ranked Sueflohn will face Jake Raflik of Wisconsin Rapids in tomorrow's semifinal.
Oconomowoc's Jake Morrison also advanced to the semis at 140 pounds, topping Alex Amann of Racine Horlick, 10-6. The Cooney senior will face Rylen Lubeck of Wisconsin Rapids with a berth in the state finals on the line tomorrow night.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts