Mike Dusel, competing at 145 pounds in Friday's WIAA Division 2 quarterfinals, knocked off the top-ranked wrestler in his flight and advanced to tonight's semifinals, part of a wild first half of the day for Pewaukee.
The PHS senior defeated Max Loberger of Denmark, 3-2. Dusel came into the state tourney ranked No. 9 among the 12 wrestlers in his group by Wisconsin Wrestling Online and will next face No. 3 Isaiah Erickson of Cumberland (38-4) in the state semifinals, beginning at 7 p.m. this evening.
Teammate Mitch Teeters will be competing as well at 119 pounds after a thrilling double overtime victory over higher-ranked Sam Huppert of Ellsworth, 9-8. Max Nonnamaker also endured a double-overtime match at 112 but fell in his battle against Matt Ronsman of Luxemburg-Casco, 6-4. He and Josh Berg (125 pounds), who fell to top-ranked Jared Donar of Cuba City, will both compete in the backdraw this afternoon.
Teeters will meet Joseph Her of Two Rivers (36-5) in the semifinals. See more updates on the Preps Alcove.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts