Mike Dusel, competing at 145 pounds in Friday's WIAA Division 2 quarterfinals, knocked off the top-ranked wrestler in his flight and advanced to tonight's semifinals, part of a wild first half of the day for Pewaukee.
The PHS senior defeated Max Loberger of Denmark, 3-2. Dusel came into the state tourney ranked No. 9 among the 12 wrestlers in his group by Wisconsin Wrestling Online and will next face No. 3 Isaiah Erickson of Cumberland (38-4) in the state semifinals, beginning at 7 p.m. this evening.
Teammate Mitch Teeters will be competing as well at 119 pounds after a thrilling double overtime victory over higher-ranked Sam Huppert of Ellsworth, 9-8. Max Nonnamaker also endured a double-overtime match at 112 but fell in his battle against Matt Ronsman of Luxemburg-Casco, 6-4. He and Josh Berg (125 pounds), who fell to top-ranked Jared Donar of Cuba City, will both compete in the backdraw this afternoon.
Teeters will meet Joseph Her of Two Rivers (36-5) in the semifinals. See more updates on the Preps Alcove.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts