Mike Dusel, competing at 145 pounds in Friday's WIAA Division 2 quarterfinals, knocked off the top-ranked wrestler in his flight and advanced to tonight's semifinals, part of a wild first half of the day for Pewaukee.
The PHS senior defeated Max Loberger of Denmark, 3-2. Dusel came into the state tourney ranked No. 9 among the 12 wrestlers in his group by Wisconsin Wrestling Online and will next face No. 3 Isaiah Erickson of Cumberland (38-4) in the state semifinals, beginning at 7 p.m. this evening.
Teammate Mitch Teeters will be competing as well at 119 pounds after a thrilling double overtime victory over higher-ranked Sam Huppert of Ellsworth, 9-8. Max Nonnamaker also endured a double-overtime match at 112 but fell in his battle against Matt Ronsman of Luxemburg-Casco, 6-4. He and Josh Berg (125 pounds), who fell to top-ranked Jared Donar of Cuba City, will both compete in the backdraw this afternoon.
Teeters will meet Joseph Her of Two Rivers (36-5) in the semifinals. See more updates on the Preps Alcove.
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts