St. John's Northwestern Military Academy pulled within 2 points at points early in the fourth quarter, but Whitefish Bay Dominican never trailed and scored a 64-54 victory over the Lancers in a battle of Midwest Classic Conference boys basketball titans Friday.
Chris McFarlane hit five second-half 3-pointers and scored all 17 points in the second 16 minutes, but St. John's (15-6) never could get back to even against the conference-champion Knights (16-6).
Dominican held a 36-25 lead early in the third, and St. John's pulled within 41-39 by the end of the quarter. It was 46-44 when the Knights went on an 11-4 run that put the game mostly out of reach in the fourth quarter.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts