St. John's Northwestern Military Academy pulled within 2 points at points early in the fourth quarter, but Whitefish Bay Dominican never trailed and scored a 64-54 victory over the Lancers in a battle of Midwest Classic Conference boys basketball titans Friday.
Chris McFarlane hit five second-half 3-pointers and scored all 17 points in the second 16 minutes, but St. John's (15-6) never could get back to even against the conference-champion Knights (16-6).
Dominican held a 36-25 lead early in the third, and St. John's pulled within 41-39 by the end of the quarter. It was 46-44 when the Knights went on an 11-4 run that put the game mostly out of reach in the fourth quarter.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts