Arrowhead junior Jake Sueflohn (48-1) claimed his first state championship Saturday with a victory at 135 pounds in the final round of the WIAA Division 1 state wrestling tournament.
Sueflohn, who fell in last year's title match, defeated Jackson Urso of Stoughton in the finals, 7-2.
The nationally-ranked Sueflohn, who took third as a freshman at 119 pounds and fell to three-time state champion Jesse Thielke of Germantown in last year's 125-pound final, executed the progression with a dominating four wins at the state tourney.
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts