Arrowhead junior Jake Sueflohn (48-1) claimed his first state championship Saturday with a victory at 135 pounds in the final round of the WIAA Division 1 state wrestling tournament.
Sueflohn, who fell in last year's title match, defeated Jackson Urso of Stoughton in the finals, 7-2.
The nationally-ranked Sueflohn, who took third as a freshman at 119 pounds and fell to three-time state champion Jesse Thielke of Germantown in last year's 125-pound final, executed the progression with a dominating four wins at the state tourney.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts