Arrowhead junior Jake Sueflohn (48-1) claimed his first state championship Saturday with a victory at 135 pounds in the final round of the WIAA Division 1 state wrestling tournament.
Sueflohn, who fell in last year's title match, defeated Jackson Urso of Stoughton in the finals, 7-2.
The nationally-ranked Sueflohn, who took third as a freshman at 119 pounds and fell to three-time state champion Jesse Thielke of Germantown in last year's 125-pound final, executed the progression with a dominating four wins at the state tourney.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts