Arrowhead junior Jake Sueflohn (48-1) claimed his first state championship Saturday with a victory at 135 pounds in the final round of the WIAA Division 1 state wrestling tournament.
Sueflohn, who fell in last year's title match, defeated Jackson Urso of Stoughton in the finals, 7-2.
The nationally-ranked Sueflohn, who took third as a freshman at 119 pounds and fell to three-time state champion Jesse Thielke of Germantown in last year's 125-pound final, executed the progression with a dominating four wins at the state tourney.
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts