Arrowhead junior Jake Sueflohn (48-1) claimed his first state championship Saturday with a victory at 135 pounds in the final round of the WIAA Division 1 state wrestling tournament.
Sueflohn, who fell in last year's title match, defeated Jackson Urso of Stoughton in the finals, 7-2.
The nationally-ranked Sueflohn, who took third as a freshman at 119 pounds and fell to three-time state champion Jesse Thielke of Germantown in last year's 125-pound final, executed the progression with a dominating four wins at the state tourney.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts