Town of Merton - Town officials have decided to move a public hearing scheduled for Wednesday night on a proposed crematorium and funeral chapel near Stone Bank from the Town Hall on Highway 83 in North Lake to the North Lake School on Highway VV on the east side of the North Lake business district.
Town Clerk Susan Oman said the hearing has also been rescheduled from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in order to accommodate school activities that had been previously planned for Wednesday night. She said the hearing was relocated after town officials decided the hearing would require a larger venue than the Town Hall which has a capacity of up to 100 people.
Oman said representatives of Tribute Companies, the Hartland based funeral service company seeking approval for the 2,500 square foot facility , indicated they would use two large projection screens for a presentation to town and Waukesha County officials describing the funeral service chapel that would include a facility for cremating human remains.
Oman said Town Hall would probably be too small considering the amount of space needed for the presentation and the potentially large crowd that may attend the hearing.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts