Town of Merton - Town officials have decided to move a public hearing scheduled for Wednesday night on a proposed crematorium and funeral chapel near Stone Bank from the Town Hall on Highway 83 in North Lake to the North Lake School on Highway VV on the east side of the North Lake business district.
Town Clerk Susan Oman said the hearing has also been rescheduled from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in order to accommodate school activities that had been previously planned for Wednesday night. She said the hearing was relocated after town officials decided the hearing would require a larger venue than the Town Hall which has a capacity of up to 100 people.
Oman said representatives of Tribute Companies, the Hartland based funeral service company seeking approval for the 2,500 square foot facility , indicated they would use two large projection screens for a presentation to town and Waukesha County officials describing the funeral service chapel that would include a facility for cremating human remains.
Oman said Town Hall would probably be too small considering the amount of space needed for the presentation and the potentially large crowd that may attend the hearing.
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts