Town of Merton - Town officials have decided to move a public hearing scheduled for Wednesday night on a proposed crematorium and funeral chapel near Stone Bank from the Town Hall on Highway 83 in North Lake to the North Lake School on Highway VV on the east side of the North Lake business district.
Town Clerk Susan Oman said the hearing has also been rescheduled from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in order to accommodate school activities that had been previously planned for Wednesday night. She said the hearing was relocated after town officials decided the hearing would require a larger venue than the Town Hall which has a capacity of up to 100 people.
Oman said representatives of Tribute Companies, the Hartland based funeral service company seeking approval for the 2,500 square foot facility , indicated they would use two large projection screens for a presentation to town and Waukesha County officials describing the funeral service chapel that would include a facility for cremating human remains.
Oman said Town Hall would probably be too small considering the amount of space needed for the presentation and the potentially large crowd that may attend the hearing.
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts