City of Delafield - The Plan Commission hearing sc hedule for May 26 at 7 p.m. to determine whether the Hartland Sportsmans Club is abiding by its conditional use permit has been moved from the city's public safety building to the community room at Christ the King Lutheran Church located at the intersection of Highway C ( Genesee Street ) and West Shore Drive.
City Clerk Gina Gresch said city officials decided to move the hearing in anticipation of a crowd that would be much larger than can be accommodated in the public safety building training room where the Plan Commission and Common Council are meeting while a new city hall is under construction.
The church, which also serves as the city'ssingle polling place, was the only facility available with large enough accommodations to serve the anticipated crowd, according to Gresch.
The hearing was ordered by the Common Council after city officials received evidence during a previous public hearing that indicated the gun club may not be abiding by the conditions of its permit.
The same day city officials made the decision to hold the hearing a woman was grazed by a stray bullet from the gun club while she was on the dinning patio of the Delafield Brewhaus restuarant, about 500 yards across bluffs and ravines from the gun club ffiring range.
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts