Waukesha – A 16-year-old Nashotah boy confessed Wednesday to making a bomb threat to Arrowhead High School last week because he did not like some of his fellow students, according to Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department Capt. Karen Ruff.
Ruff said the boy was a suspect and brought into the Sheriff’s Department for questioning, where he confessed to making the threats. The boy said he did so because he did not like “jocks and rich kids,” Ruff said. The boy did say he likes his teachers, she added.
The boy did not intend to injure anyone, she said.
The matter will be referred to Waukesha County Juvenile Court for charges. The school will take its own action, Ruff said.
Three bomb notes were found on bathroom walls in North Campus, one on April 27, two on April 29 indicating the bomb would go off on April 30. Parents were first notified Wednesday by school officials and then again on Thursday after the discovery of the other threats.
Numerous law enforcement agencies searched the school grounds, including the Milwaukee County bomb squad and Homeland Security responded with bomb-detecting dogs.
Officials said at the time the preliminary investigation showed it was not a credible threat. School was held April 30 but attendance was low, with about 25 percent of the student boy coming to school.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts