City of Delafield - The Plan Commission is expected to take no action tonight on the Hartland Sportsmans Club other than to set a May 26 date for a public hearing to determine if the gun club is abiding by the conditional use permit issued to it by the city.
City Hall sources say City Attorney James Hammes is preparing a letter to the commission advising it not take action tonight on whether to continue an extension of shooting hours at the club. Neighbors of the gun club have asked city officials to rescind the additional shooting hours granted to the gun club by the Plan Commission and Common Council late last year.
Hammes is expected to advise the commission to delay any decision regarding the firing range hours of operation until after the May 26 hearing. Evidence presented at the hearing could help city officials determine whether to continue to allow the gun club to operate.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts