In a shocking announcement Tuesday afternoon, longtime Arrowhead varsity baseball coach Tim O'Driscoll has resigned from the position effective immediately.
O'Driscoll has coached baseball at Arowhead the last 37 years, the last 35 years as the varsity coach. In that span, he coached 1,070 games, putting together a record of 742-328. He's the winningest coach in Wisconsin High School baseball history and a member of the Coaches Association's Hall of Fame.
"I found out Monday that I have some health problems that need instant attention," O'Driscoll told the Lake Country Reporter on Tuesday. "So, I have no choice to but resign immediately as the Arrowhead baseball coach. My problems are not life threatening, but need to be taken care of right now."
Arrowhead athletics director Kevin Flegner said an interim coach will be hired as soon as possible. Flegner expects that person to be hired from the current staff. Baseball practice for the upcoming season begins Friday. Read Chuck Delsman's full story here.
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Police activity at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of repeatedly molesting his granddaughter (0)
- Chamber boat ride tomorrow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts