In a shocking announcement Tuesday afternoon, longtime Arrowhead varsity baseball coach Tim O'Driscoll has resigned from the position effective immediately.
O'Driscoll has coached baseball at Arowhead the last 37 years, the last 35 years as the varsity coach. In that span, he coached 1,070 games, putting together a record of 742-328. He's the winningest coach in Wisconsin High School baseball history and a member of the Coaches Association's Hall of Fame.
"I found out Monday that I have some health problems that need instant attention," O'Driscoll told the Lake Country Reporter on Tuesday. "So, I have no choice to but resign immediately as the Arrowhead baseball coach. My problems are not life threatening, but need to be taken care of right now."
Arrowhead athletics director Kevin Flegner said an interim coach will be hired as soon as possible. Flegner expects that person to be hired from the current staff. Baseball practice for the upcoming season begins Friday. Read Chuck Delsman's full story here.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts