In a shocking announcement Tuesday afternoon, longtime Arrowhead varsity baseball coach Tim O'Driscoll has resigned from the position effective immediately.
O'Driscoll has coached baseball at Arowhead the last 37 years, the last 35 years as the varsity coach. In that span, he coached 1,070 games, putting together a record of 742-328. He's the winningest coach in Wisconsin High School baseball history and a member of the Coaches Association's Hall of Fame.
"I found out Monday that I have some health problems that need instant attention," O'Driscoll told the Lake Country Reporter on Tuesday. "So, I have no choice to but resign immediately as the Arrowhead baseball coach. My problems are not life threatening, but need to be taken care of right now."
Arrowhead athletics director Kevin Flegner said an interim coach will be hired as soon as possible. Flegner expects that person to be hired from the current staff. Baseball practice for the upcoming season begins Friday. Read Chuck Delsman's full story here.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts