In a shocking announcement Tuesday afternoon, longtime Arrowhead varsity baseball coach Tim O'Driscoll has resigned from the position effective immediately.
O'Driscoll has coached baseball at Arowhead the last 37 years, the last 35 years as the varsity coach. In that span, he coached 1,070 games, putting together a record of 742-328. He's the winningest coach in Wisconsin High School baseball history and a member of the Coaches Association's Hall of Fame.
"I found out Monday that I have some health problems that need instant attention," O'Driscoll told the Lake Country Reporter on Tuesday. "So, I have no choice to but resign immediately as the Arrowhead baseball coach. My problems are not life threatening, but need to be taken care of right now."
Arrowhead athletics director Kevin Flegner said an interim coach will be hired as soon as possible. Flegner expects that person to be hired from the current staff. Baseball practice for the upcoming season begins Friday. Read Chuck Delsman's full story here.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts