City of Delafield - Funeral Services will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday, May 15 at the St. Anskar's Episcopal Church for Lois Jensen, 81, who was the City of Delafield's first appointed administrator and served as city clerk during four decades.
Jensen died Monday evening at the Shorehaven Health Care Center in Oconomowoc. Visitation will be at the church, located at N48 W31340 Hill Road, from 9:30 a.m. until the time of the funeral service. Burial will be at the Holy Innocents Cemetery in Nashotah. Memorials may be made to the church in lieu of flowers. Evert-Luko Funeral Home is handling funeral arrangements.
Jensen was appointed City Clerk in April of 1968 and served until December of 1994. In the late 1980s voters rejected a referendum creating the full time city administrator position. According to former Mayor Jim Behrend some city residents argued "What do we need an administrator for as long as we have Lois."
When Jensen announced in 1993 that she intended to retire the following year, the Common Council began the process of creating the city administrator post and, according to Behrend, "there wasn't a peep of oposition." Jensen was appointed City Administrator on July 1 of 1993 and served in the post until she retired.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts