City of Delafield - Funeral Services will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday, May 15 at the St. Anskar's Episcopal Church for Lois Jensen, 81, who was the City of Delafield's first appointed administrator and served as city clerk during four decades.
Jensen died Monday evening at the Shorehaven Health Care Center in Oconomowoc. Visitation will be at the church, located at N48 W31340 Hill Road, from 9:30 a.m. until the time of the funeral service. Burial will be at the Holy Innocents Cemetery in Nashotah. Memorials may be made to the church in lieu of flowers. Evert-Luko Funeral Home is handling funeral arrangements.
Jensen was appointed City Clerk in April of 1968 and served until December of 1994. In the late 1980s voters rejected a referendum creating the full time city administrator position. According to former Mayor Jim Behrend some city residents argued "What do we need an administrator for as long as we have Lois."
When Jensen announced in 1993 that she intended to retire the following year, the Common Council began the process of creating the city administrator post and, according to Behrend, "there wasn't a peep of oposition." Jensen was appointed City Administrator on July 1 of 1993 and served in the post until she retired.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts