Pewaukee's Land O' Lakes Western Division baseball team outlasted visiting Oconomowoc Sunday in the game of the week, 11-10.
Other games saw Harland rally past North Lake 4-3, Brookfield Bulldogs whip West Bend 11-2, Menomonee Falls blank Brookfield Blue Sox 4-0, Sussex whip Lannon 14-0 and Merton stop Monches 10-2.
At Pewaukee, the Muskies scored seven runs in the seventh inning to erase a 9-3 deficit. A throwing error in the eighth allowed Mike Goetz to score what turned out to be the winning run in the eighth.
Cooney had 18 hits, four by Jeff Rhoads. Luke Nelson and Josh Fenzl had three hits each.
For Pewaukee, Grreg Harder and Wichser had three hits each. Goetz belted a two-run homer in the sixth.
Robert Michalkiewicz was the winning pitcher and Justin Mortensen took the loss.
In other games, Don August pitched a complete-game shutout, guiding Menomonee Falls to a 4-0 victory over the Brookfield Blue Sox.
Sussex blanked Lannon 14-0. Merton stopped Monches 10-2. The Brookfield Bulldogs defeated West Bend 7-Up 11-2.
--Chris Schuck contributed to this report
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts