Pewaukee's Land O' Lakes Western Division baseball team outlasted visiting Oconomowoc Sunday in the game of the week, 11-10.
Other games saw Harland rally past North Lake 4-3, Brookfield Bulldogs whip West Bend 11-2, Menomonee Falls blank Brookfield Blue Sox 4-0, Sussex whip Lannon 14-0 and Merton stop Monches 10-2.
At Pewaukee, the Muskies scored seven runs in the seventh inning to erase a 9-3 deficit. A throwing error in the eighth allowed Mike Goetz to score what turned out to be the winning run in the eighth.
Cooney had 18 hits, four by Jeff Rhoads. Luke Nelson and Josh Fenzl had three hits each.
For Pewaukee, Grreg Harder and Wichser had three hits each. Goetz belted a two-run homer in the sixth.
Robert Michalkiewicz was the winning pitcher and Justin Mortensen took the loss.
In other games, Don August pitched a complete-game shutout, guiding Menomonee Falls to a 4-0 victory over the Brookfield Blue Sox.
Sussex blanked Lannon 14-0. Merton stopped Monches 10-2. The Brookfield Bulldogs defeated West Bend 7-Up 11-2.
--Chris Schuck contributed to this report
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts