Superintendent Dr. Pat Neudecker announced Tuesday night that the outside gardens at the Oconomowoc Arts Center have been declared a UW Extension Master Gardener site.
Neudecker said she was approached last winter by a group of community gardeners who were interested in seeking that status through a grant from UW-Extension. That group will now manage, maintain and design the exterior of the facility.
"To be a Master Gardener in the state of Wisconsin, you have to keep up your own continuing education. You also have to offer continuing education to your community, so our OAC will now be a site for future classes and Master Gardeners can actually teach out of the the exterior in garden design," Neudecker said.
The group also worked with agriculture students at Oconomowoc High School who were involved in the planning and some of the plantings.
"The OAC continues to be a magnet for creative work," Neudecker said.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts