A gym teacher who split his time between Park Lawn and Summit Elementary Schools in Oconomowoc, has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault stemming from incidents that allegedly occurred while he was a student teacher at Waukesha Central Middle School.
Bryan F. Wendt, 27, was arrested on suspicion of one count of second degree sexual assault of a child, one count of repeated acts of sexual assualt of the same child, and one count of child enticement. Charges have not yet been filed against him. The alleged victim, now 15, was at one time one of his students.
Wendt has been transported to Waukesha County Jail.
"The District is cooperating with the Waukesha Police Department; the staff member has been placed on unpaid leave, is not in school and will not be returning to school," a release from the Oconomowoc School District noted.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts