A gym teacher who split his time between Park Lawn and Summit Elementary Schools in Oconomowoc, has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault stemming from incidents that allegedly occurred while he was a student teacher at Waukesha Central Middle School.
Bryan F. Wendt, 27, was arrested on suspicion of one count of second degree sexual assault of a child, one count of repeated acts of sexual assualt of the same child, and one count of child enticement. Charges have not yet been filed against him. The alleged victim, now 15, was at one time one of his students.
Wendt has been transported to Waukesha County Jail.
"The District is cooperating with the Waukesha Police Department; the staff member has been placed on unpaid leave, is not in school and will not be returning to school," a release from the Oconomowoc School District noted.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts