A gym teacher who split his time between Park Lawn and Summit Elementary Schools in Oconomowoc, has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault stemming from incidents that allegedly occurred while he was a student teacher at Waukesha Central Middle School.
Bryan F. Wendt, 27, was arrested on suspicion of one count of second degree sexual assault of a child, one count of repeated acts of sexual assualt of the same child, and one count of child enticement. Charges have not yet been filed against him. The alleged victim, now 15, was at one time one of his students.
Wendt has been transported to Waukesha County Jail.
"The District is cooperating with the Waukesha Police Department; the staff member has been placed on unpaid leave, is not in school and will not be returning to school," a release from the Oconomowoc School District noted.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts