A gym teacher who split his time between Park Lawn and Summit Elementary Schools in Oconomowoc, has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault stemming from incidents that allegedly occurred while he was a student teacher at Waukesha Central Middle School.
Bryan F. Wendt, 27, was arrested on suspicion of one count of second degree sexual assault of a child, one count of repeated acts of sexual assualt of the same child, and one count of child enticement. Charges have not yet been filed against him. The alleged victim, now 15, was at one time one of his students.
Wendt has been transported to Waukesha County Jail.
"The District is cooperating with the Waukesha Police Department; the staff member has been placed on unpaid leave, is not in school and will not be returning to school," a release from the Oconomowoc School District noted.
- Meeting to discus possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts