Waukesha – A 27-year-old Oconomowoc School District teacher was charged this afternoon for allegedly sexually assaulting a 14-year-old he met while student teaching at a Waukesha school.
Bryan F. Wendt of Palmyra was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with two counts of sexual assault of a child under 16-years of and two counts of child enticement.
Wendt met the girl was a student teacher at a Waukesha middle school and met the girl, now 15, about two years ago when she was in eighth grade, according to the criminal complaint. Wendt told police they developed a relationship that evolved into a physical one and they had sexual intercourse, the complaint said.
Waukesha County Assistant District Attorney Steven Centinario told Court Commissioner Martin Binn that they had intercourse one week before the girl’s 15th birthday in August 2009.
Binn set cash bail for Wendt at $25,000 and scheduled a preliminary hearing for June 3. Wendt is in his second year as a teacher at Park Lawn and Summit schools in Oconomowoc. His attorney, Paul Bucher said Wendt has been suspended from the school district.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts