Waukesha – A 27-year-old Oconomowoc School District teacher was charged this afternoon for allegedly sexually assaulting a 14-year-old he met while student teaching at a Waukesha school.
Bryan F. Wendt of Palmyra was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with two counts of sexual assault of a child under 16-years of and two counts of child enticement.
Wendt met the girl was a student teacher at a Waukesha middle school and met the girl, now 15, about two years ago when she was in eighth grade, according to the criminal complaint. Wendt told police they developed a relationship that evolved into a physical one and they had sexual intercourse, the complaint said.
Waukesha County Assistant District Attorney Steven Centinario told Court Commissioner Martin Binn that they had intercourse one week before the girl’s 15th birthday in August 2009.
Binn set cash bail for Wendt at $25,000 and scheduled a preliminary hearing for June 3. Wendt is in his second year as a teacher at Park Lawn and Summit schools in Oconomowoc. His attorney, Paul Bucher said Wendt has been suspended from the school district.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts