Waukesha – A 27-year-old Oconomowoc School District teacher was charged this afternoon for allegedly sexually assaulting a 14-year-old he met while student teaching at a Waukesha school.
Bryan F. Wendt of Palmyra was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with two counts of sexual assault of a child under 16-years of and two counts of child enticement.
Wendt met the girl was a student teacher at a Waukesha middle school and met the girl, now 15, about two years ago when she was in eighth grade, according to the criminal complaint. Wendt told police they developed a relationship that evolved into a physical one and they had sexual intercourse, the complaint said.
Waukesha County Assistant District Attorney Steven Centinario told Court Commissioner Martin Binn that they had intercourse one week before the girl’s 15th birthday in August 2009.
Binn set cash bail for Wendt at $25,000 and scheduled a preliminary hearing for June 3. Wendt is in his second year as a teacher at Park Lawn and Summit schools in Oconomowoc. His attorney, Paul Bucher said Wendt has been suspended from the school district.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts