Freshman shortstop Renate Meckl lined a one-out, two-run double in the top of the seventh inning Monday afternoon to vault the Oconomowoc varsity girls softball team to a come-from-behind 4-3 win over visiting Slinger.
Winning pitcher Delaney Osterday started the final inning rally with a one-out single and moved to second when senior catcher Katie Pierce singled. Both moved up on a wild pitch before scoring on Meckl's hard smash to left-center field.
Cooney moved to 12-7 on the season.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts