Freshman shortstop Renate Meckl lined a one-out, two-run double in the top of the seventh inning Monday afternoon to vault the Oconomowoc varsity girls softball team to a come-from-behind 4-3 win over visiting Slinger.
Winning pitcher Delaney Osterday started the final inning rally with a one-out single and moved to second when senior catcher Katie Pierce singled. Both moved up on a wild pitch before scoring on Meckl's hard smash to left-center field.
Cooney moved to 12-7 on the season.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts