Freshman shortstop Renate Meckl lined a one-out, two-run double in the top of the seventh inning Monday afternoon to vault the Oconomowoc varsity girls softball team to a come-from-behind 4-3 win over visiting Slinger.
Winning pitcher Delaney Osterday started the final inning rally with a one-out single and moved to second when senior catcher Katie Pierce singled. Both moved up on a wild pitch before scoring on Meckl's hard smash to left-center field.
Cooney moved to 12-7 on the season.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts