Freshman shortstop Renate Meckl lined a one-out, two-run double in the top of the seventh inning Monday afternoon to vault the Oconomowoc varsity girls softball team to a come-from-behind 4-3 win over visiting Slinger.
Winning pitcher Delaney Osterday started the final inning rally with a one-out single and moved to second when senior catcher Katie Pierce singled. Both moved up on a wild pitch before scoring on Meckl's hard smash to left-center field.
Cooney moved to 12-7 on the season.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts