Freshman shortstop Renate Meckl lined a one-out, two-run double in the top of the seventh inning Monday afternoon to vault the Oconomowoc varsity girls softball team to a come-from-behind 4-3 win over visiting Slinger.
Winning pitcher Delaney Osterday started the final inning rally with a one-out single and moved to second when senior catcher Katie Pierce singled. Both moved up on a wild pitch before scoring on Meckl's hard smash to left-center field.
Cooney moved to 12-7 on the season.
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts