Recently released documents reveal that U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan received a death threat while walking outside in Janesville last May.
According to documents from the Janesville Police Department, Ryan was walking with Field Representative David Craig when a man pulled up to him in an SUV and stated, "You got a bull's eye on your head. You're gonna die (expletive)."
The report states that the 43-year-old Janesville man was soon arrested and told authorities that he did not threaten to kill Ryan. The man did say that he told Ryan he had blood on his hands and needed to end the war in Iraq.
Ryan's office later asked that the man not be arrested; however police had already done so.
The charges against the man were dismissed in July and the case is now closed.
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts