Recently released documents reveal that U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan received a death threat while walking outside in Janesville last May.
According to documents from the Janesville Police Department, Ryan was walking with Field Representative David Craig when a man pulled up to him in an SUV and stated, "You got a bull's eye on your head. You're gonna die (expletive)."
The report states that the 43-year-old Janesville man was soon arrested and told authorities that he did not threaten to kill Ryan. The man did say that he told Ryan he had blood on his hands and needed to end the war in Iraq.
Ryan's office later asked that the man not be arrested; however police had already done so.
The charges against the man were dismissed in July and the case is now closed.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts