Recently released documents reveal that U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan received a death threat while walking outside in Janesville last May.
According to documents from the Janesville Police Department, Ryan was walking with Field Representative David Craig when a man pulled up to him in an SUV and stated, "You got a bull's eye on your head. You're gonna die (expletive)."
The report states that the 43-year-old Janesville man was soon arrested and told authorities that he did not threaten to kill Ryan. The man did say that he told Ryan he had blood on his hands and needed to end the war in Iraq.
Ryan's office later asked that the man not be arrested; however police had already done so.
The charges against the man were dismissed in July and the case is now closed.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts