Recently released documents reveal that U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan received a death threat while walking outside in Janesville last May.
According to documents from the Janesville Police Department, Ryan was walking with Field Representative David Craig when a man pulled up to him in an SUV and stated, "You got a bull's eye on your head. You're gonna die (expletive)."
The report states that the 43-year-old Janesville man was soon arrested and told authorities that he did not threaten to kill Ryan. The man did say that he told Ryan he had blood on his hands and needed to end the war in Iraq.
Ryan's office later asked that the man not be arrested; however police had already done so.
The charges against the man were dismissed in July and the case is now closed.
- Sheriff's lieutenant resigns, state authorities refer charges to D.A. (0)
- Simple Hope packathon held at Mukwonago High School (0)
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts