Kettle Moraine's varsity girls softball team, thanks to a big boost from unlikely Waukesha North, won the 2010 Classic 8 Conference championship last week. KM finished with an 11-3 mark, one game better than Waukesha West (10-4).
After KM lost to Milwaukee Pius on Tuesday (10-9), the Lasers needed help from North the following day. And that's just what they got. North upset West 7-6, giving KM the outright championship.
The title is the second in league play for the Lasers in the last four years. The first conference title in school history came in 2007.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts