Kettle Moraine's varsity girls softball team, thanks to a big boost from unlikely Waukesha North, won the 2010 Classic 8 Conference championship last week. KM finished with an 11-3 mark, one game better than Waukesha West (10-4).
After KM lost to Milwaukee Pius on Tuesday (10-9), the Lasers needed help from North the following day. And that's just what they got. North upset West 7-6, giving KM the outright championship.
The title is the second in league play for the Lasers in the last four years. The first conference title in school history came in 2007.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts