Kettle Moraine's varsity girls softball team, thanks to a big boost from unlikely Waukesha North, won the 2010 Classic 8 Conference championship last week. KM finished with an 11-3 mark, one game better than Waukesha West (10-4).
After KM lost to Milwaukee Pius on Tuesday (10-9), the Lasers needed help from North the following day. And that's just what they got. North upset West 7-6, giving KM the outright championship.
The title is the second in league play for the Lasers in the last four years. The first conference title in school history came in 2007.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts