Kettle Moraine's varsity girls softball team, thanks to a big boost from unlikely Waukesha North, won the 2010 Classic 8 Conference championship last week. KM finished with an 11-3 mark, one game better than Waukesha West (10-4).
After KM lost to Milwaukee Pius on Tuesday (10-9), the Lasers needed help from North the following day. And that's just what they got. North upset West 7-6, giving KM the outright championship.
The title is the second in league play for the Lasers in the last four years. The first conference title in school history came in 2007.
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts