Kettle Moraine's varsity girls softball team, thanks to a big boost from unlikely Waukesha North, won the 2010 Classic 8 Conference championship last week. KM finished with an 11-3 mark, one game better than Waukesha West (10-4).
After KM lost to Milwaukee Pius on Tuesday (10-9), the Lasers needed help from North the following day. And that's just what they got. North upset West 7-6, giving KM the outright championship.
The title is the second in league play for the Lasers in the last four years. The first conference title in school history came in 2007.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts