The Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin, Inc. (CAC) is administering the Senior Farmer's Market Voucher Program for Waukesha County. Seniors must be 60 years of age or older and will need to verify their monthlyincome is at, or below, 185 percent of the federal poverty guideline.
Vouchers are disbursed on a first-come, first-serve basis and are limited to one pack of vouchers per household. the program will provide seniors with $25 worth of fresh fuit, vegetables and herbs.
CAC, the Waukesha Food Pantry and the Waukesha Vounty Agining & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) are disbursing the Farmer's Market Nutritional Program voucers at various locations throughout the county. Please call CAC at (262) 354-4017, the Waukesha Food Pantry at (262) 542-5300 or Waukesha County ADRC at (262) 548-7848 for additional information on disbursement dates, times and locations.
Local times and locations include: The Oconomowoc Community Center, 10 a.m. - noon on June 21, Butler Square 10 a.m. to noon on June 29, Dousman Farmer's market, Community Center, from 2 - 4 p.m. on July 7, Sussex Food Pantry from 5:30 - 7 p.m. on July 12 and again from 1 - 3 p.m. on July 14.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts