City of Delafield - The Common Council has voted 5 to 1 to revoke the conditional use permit for the Hartland Sportsman Club. Club president Russell Meidenbaur said he would have to confer with the organization's 130 members before deciding whether - or how - the club would appeal the decision.
The council determined the Club had continously violated its operating permit including during an April 29 incident when a .45 caliber round escape the firing range and struck a 17 week pregnant, 31 year old women while she was sitting on an outdoor patio of a nearby restuarant. Council members encouraged the club to seek a new conditional use permit when it completed improvements necessary to make the facility safe for firing range activities.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts