City of Delafield - The Common Council has voted 5 to 1 to revoke the conditional use permit for the Hartland Sportsman Club. Club president Russell Meidenbaur said he would have to confer with the organization's 130 members before deciding whether - or how - the club would appeal the decision.
The council determined the Club had continously violated its operating permit including during an April 29 incident when a .45 caliber round escape the firing range and struck a 17 week pregnant, 31 year old women while she was sitting on an outdoor patio of a nearby restuarant. Council members encouraged the club to seek a new conditional use permit when it completed improvements necessary to make the facility safe for firing range activities.
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts