Waukesha – Wayne A. Barkley, charged with the Dec. 23 death of a Town of Vernon girl, was in court again Tuesday as he was charged with resisting officers and damaging lawns in his Town of Mukwonago neighborhood one day earlier.
Barkley, 22, of W328 S8339 Oak Tree Drive, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with a felony count of bail jumping and misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property, and two counts of resisting/obstructing an officer.
Barkley was charged Feb. 5 with one count of homicide by vehicle – use of a controlled substance for the death of Chelsey Lobenhofer, who was seriously injured Dec. 23 when she fell off a snowmobile driven by Barkley on Phantom Lake and her head hit a vehicle. She died Dec. 26.
According to the criminal complaint regarding the most recent charges, Town of Mukwonago police were called to his residence Monday at about 2:15 a.m. as he had been driving across his parents’ lawn and drove into a garbage cart as well as driving across lawns and hitting garbage carts in the neighborhood.
Police questioned Barkley who denied any wrongdoing and when he was arrested he resisted officers. Police used a Taser gun twice on Barkley as he attempted to get away, the complaint said.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on the new charges June 24. He was released on a $2,500 cash bond.
Barkley is scheduled to appear in court July 22 for a hearing on the homicide charge.
- Hy. 83 accident causes delays (0)
- Early registration offered for St. Paul kindergarten (0)
- Christmas in Eagle Friday night (0)
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007