Waukesha – Wayne A. Barkley, charged with the Dec. 23 death of a Town of Vernon girl, was in court again Tuesday as he was charged with resisting officers and damaging lawns in his Town of Mukwonago neighborhood one day earlier.
Barkley, 22, of W328 S8339 Oak Tree Drive, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with a felony count of bail jumping and misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property, and two counts of resisting/obstructing an officer.
Barkley was charged Feb. 5 with one count of homicide by vehicle – use of a controlled substance for the death of Chelsey Lobenhofer, who was seriously injured Dec. 23 when she fell off a snowmobile driven by Barkley on Phantom Lake and her head hit a vehicle. She died Dec. 26.
According to the criminal complaint regarding the most recent charges, Town of Mukwonago police were called to his residence Monday at about 2:15 a.m. as he had been driving across his parents’ lawn and drove into a garbage cart as well as driving across lawns and hitting garbage carts in the neighborhood.
Police questioned Barkley who denied any wrongdoing and when he was arrested he resisted officers. Police used a Taser gun twice on Barkley as he attempted to get away, the complaint said.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on the new charges June 24. He was released on a $2,500 cash bond.
Barkley is scheduled to appear in court July 22 for a hearing on the homicide charge.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts