Waukesha – Wayne A. Barkley, charged with the Dec. 23 death of a Town of Vernon girl, was in court again Tuesday as he was charged with resisting officers and damaging lawns in his Town of Mukwonago neighborhood one day earlier.
Barkley, 22, of W328 S8339 Oak Tree Drive, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with a felony count of bail jumping and misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property, and two counts of resisting/obstructing an officer.
Barkley was charged Feb. 5 with one count of homicide by vehicle – use of a controlled substance for the death of Chelsey Lobenhofer, who was seriously injured Dec. 23 when she fell off a snowmobile driven by Barkley on Phantom Lake and her head hit a vehicle. She died Dec. 26.
According to the criminal complaint regarding the most recent charges, Town of Mukwonago police were called to his residence Monday at about 2:15 a.m. as he had been driving across his parents’ lawn and drove into a garbage cart as well as driving across lawns and hitting garbage carts in the neighborhood.
Police questioned Barkley who denied any wrongdoing and when he was arrested he resisted officers. Police used a Taser gun twice on Barkley as he attempted to get away, the complaint said.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on the new charges June 24. He was released on a $2,500 cash bond.
Barkley is scheduled to appear in court July 22 for a hearing on the homicide charge.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007