City of Delafield - Claiming the City Attorney had a conflict of interest and the city's actions were "at least improper if not illegal," attorneys for the Hartland Sportsman Club have asked the Common Council to reconsider its decision two weeks ago to revoke the gun club's conditional use permit.
Gun club attorney Steven H. Gibbs' four page request will be placed on the agenda for the next Common Council meeting on July 5, according to City Administrator Tim Schuenke.
Gibbs asserted in the letter that the Common Council acted improperly when it voted to rescind the permit immediately after the Plan Commission, during a joint June 10 meeting, recommended the gun club be allowed to continue to operate with an amended permit.
Gibbs also argued that City Attorney James Hammes was biased in his findings regarding the gun club because he represented neighbors of the gun club in litigation about 13 years ago when the club was located in the Town of Delafield.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts