City of Delafield - Claiming the City Attorney had a conflict of interest and the city's actions were "at least improper if not illegal," attorneys for the Hartland Sportsman Club have asked the Common Council to reconsider its decision two weeks ago to revoke the gun club's conditional use permit.
Gun club attorney Steven H. Gibbs' four page request will be placed on the agenda for the next Common Council meeting on July 5, according to City Administrator Tim Schuenke.
Gibbs asserted in the letter that the Common Council acted improperly when it voted to rescind the permit immediately after the Plan Commission, during a joint June 10 meeting, recommended the gun club be allowed to continue to operate with an amended permit.
Gibbs also argued that City Attorney James Hammes was biased in his findings regarding the gun club because he represented neighbors of the gun club in litigation about 13 years ago when the club was located in the Town of Delafield.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts