Sure Mukwonago is known as the Place of the Bear, but no one actually thinks bears just roam around Mukwonago -right?
At least a few people now think Mukwonago may actually have a bear of its own.
Local beekeeper Andy Hemken was surprised to find that his 250-pound beehives had been knocked over and eaten in the Town of Mukwonago Sunday morning. When he called police he learned a woman had reported spotting a bear in Minors Park in the Village of Mukwonago on Saturday.
DNR Warden Doug Zeihen confirmed that a bear had been spotted in the northern area of Walworth County/Southern area of Waukesha County.
Think you've spotted a bear? Call DNR wildlife manager Brian Glenzinski at (262) 574-2116 to make a report.
More on this story in Wednesday's Mukwonago Chief.
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts