Sure Mukwonago is known as the Place of the Bear, but no one actually thinks bears just roam around Mukwonago -right?
At least a few people now think Mukwonago may actually have a bear of its own.
Local beekeeper Andy Hemken was surprised to find that his 250-pound beehives had been knocked over and eaten in the Town of Mukwonago Sunday morning. When he called police he learned a woman had reported spotting a bear in Minors Park in the Village of Mukwonago on Saturday.
DNR Warden Doug Zeihen confirmed that a bear had been spotted in the northern area of Walworth County/Southern area of Waukesha County.
Think you've spotted a bear? Call DNR wildlife manager Brian Glenzinski at (262) 574-2116 to make a report.
More on this story in Wednesday's Mukwonago Chief.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts