Sure Mukwonago is known as the Place of the Bear, but no one actually thinks bears just roam around Mukwonago -right?
At least a few people now think Mukwonago may actually have a bear of its own.
Local beekeeper Andy Hemken was surprised to find that his 250-pound beehives had been knocked over and eaten in the Town of Mukwonago Sunday morning. When he called police he learned a woman had reported spotting a bear in Minors Park in the Village of Mukwonago on Saturday.
DNR Warden Doug Zeihen confirmed that a bear had been spotted in the northern area of Walworth County/Southern area of Waukesha County.
Think you've spotted a bear? Call DNR wildlife manager Brian Glenzinski at (262) 574-2116 to make a report.
More on this story in Wednesday's Mukwonago Chief.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts