Sure Mukwonago is known as the Place of the Bear, but no one actually thinks bears just roam around Mukwonago -right?
At least a few people now think Mukwonago may actually have a bear of its own.
Local beekeeper Andy Hemken was surprised to find that his 250-pound beehives had been knocked over and eaten in the Town of Mukwonago Sunday morning. When he called police he learned a woman had reported spotting a bear in Minors Park in the Village of Mukwonago on Saturday.
DNR Warden Doug Zeihen confirmed that a bear had been spotted in the northern area of Walworth County/Southern area of Waukesha County.
Think you've spotted a bear? Call DNR wildlife manager Brian Glenzinski at (262) 574-2116 to make a report.
More on this story in Wednesday's Mukwonago Chief.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts