Sure Mukwonago is known as the Place of the Bear, but no one actually thinks bears just roam around Mukwonago -right?
At least a few people now think Mukwonago may actually have a bear of its own.
Local beekeeper Andy Hemken was surprised to find that his 250-pound beehives had been knocked over and eaten in the Town of Mukwonago Sunday morning. When he called police he learned a woman had reported spotting a bear in Minors Park in the Village of Mukwonago on Saturday.
DNR Warden Doug Zeihen confirmed that a bear had been spotted in the northern area of Walworth County/Southern area of Waukesha County.
Think you've spotted a bear? Call DNR wildlife manager Brian Glenzinski at (262) 574-2116 to make a report.
More on this story in Wednesday's Mukwonago Chief.
- Christmas in Eagle Friday night (0)
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007