Town of Summit police responded to a complaint of an attempted robbery outside of the Aurora Medical Center Tuesday night.
A black male, armed with a hammer, attempted to rob a male employee in the parking lot on the north side of the hospital by the maintenance area at 11:35 p.m, according to police.
Lt. Jeff Zachow said the man, dressed in gray sweatpants, was tackled by a witness, but got away on foot. He was last seen running northwest from the hospital.
Police are working with hospital security to obtain video footage. The hammer was left at the scene and taken into police possession where it will be examined for fingerprints.
Officers from City of Delafield, Oconomowoc and Village of Oconomowoc Lake also responded to the scene.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts