Town of Summit police responded to a complaint of an attempted robbery outside of the Aurora Medical Center Tuesday night.
A black male, armed with a hammer, attempted to rob a male employee in the parking lot on the north side of the hospital by the maintenance area at 11:35 p.m, according to police.
Lt. Jeff Zachow said the man, dressed in gray sweatpants, was tackled by a witness, but got away on foot. He was last seen running northwest from the hospital.
Police are working with hospital security to obtain video footage. The hammer was left at the scene and taken into police possession where it will be examined for fingerprints.
Officers from City of Delafield, Oconomowoc and Village of Oconomowoc Lake also responded to the scene.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts