Town of Summit police responded to a complaint of an attempted robbery outside of the Aurora Medical Center Tuesday night.
A black male, armed with a hammer, attempted to rob a male employee in the parking lot on the north side of the hospital by the maintenance area at 11:35 p.m, according to police.
Lt. Jeff Zachow said the man, dressed in gray sweatpants, was tackled by a witness, but got away on foot. He was last seen running northwest from the hospital.
Police are working with hospital security to obtain video footage. The hammer was left at the scene and taken into police possession where it will be examined for fingerprints.
Officers from City of Delafield, Oconomowoc and Village of Oconomowoc Lake also responded to the scene.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts