Town of Summit police responded to a complaint of an attempted robbery outside of the Aurora Medical Center Tuesday night.
A black male, armed with a hammer, attempted to rob a male employee in the parking lot on the north side of the hospital by the maintenance area at 11:35 p.m, according to police.
Lt. Jeff Zachow said the man, dressed in gray sweatpants, was tackled by a witness, but got away on foot. He was last seen running northwest from the hospital.
Police are working with hospital security to obtain video footage. The hammer was left at the scene and taken into police possession where it will be examined for fingerprints.
Officers from City of Delafield, Oconomowoc and Village of Oconomowoc Lake also responded to the scene.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts