Town of Summit police responded to a complaint of an attempted robbery outside of the Aurora Medical Center Tuesday night.
A black male, armed with a hammer, attempted to rob a male employee in the parking lot on the north side of the hospital by the maintenance area at 11:35 p.m, according to police.
Lt. Jeff Zachow said the man, dressed in gray sweatpants, was tackled by a witness, but got away on foot. He was last seen running northwest from the hospital.
Police are working with hospital security to obtain video footage. The hammer was left at the scene and taken into police possession where it will be examined for fingerprints.
Officers from City of Delafield, Oconomowoc and Village of Oconomowoc Lake also responded to the scene.
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts