Waukesha – Two 23-year-old area residents were sentenced this week to prison for dealing heroin.
Stephanie L. Scheuerell was sentenced June 28 to two years in prison and three years of extended supervision by Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Linda Van de Water.
Van de Water sentenced Shawn A. Melvick, 23, of 1091 Hancock Dr., Oconomowoc, July 1 to one year in prison and two years of extended supervision.
According to the criminal complaint, Wauwatosa Police used a confidential informant to purchase drugs from a Milwaukee woman through Scheuerell on Jan. 23, 2009. The informant arranged to drive Scheuerell to meet the Milwaukee woman and purchased $300 worth of heroin, and officers observed Scheuerell make a transaction with the woman, the complaint said.
A confidential informant told police Scheuerell had purchased heroin from the Milwaukee woman for several others including Malvick but that Malvick and the others now purchased the drug from the woman directly, the complaint said.
Scheurell was convicted on a felony charge of manufacturing/delivery of a narcotic drug and Malvick was convicted on a felony charge of possession of narcotic drugs.
Scheuerell and Malvick were two of nine area residents charged in November 2009 for selling or possessing heroin.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts