Waukesha – Two 23-year-old area residents were sentenced this week to prison for dealing heroin.
Stephanie L. Scheuerell was sentenced June 28 to two years in prison and three years of extended supervision by Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Linda Van de Water.
Van de Water sentenced Shawn A. Melvick, 23, of 1091 Hancock Dr., Oconomowoc, July 1 to one year in prison and two years of extended supervision.
According to the criminal complaint, Wauwatosa Police used a confidential informant to purchase drugs from a Milwaukee woman through Scheuerell on Jan. 23, 2009. The informant arranged to drive Scheuerell to meet the Milwaukee woman and purchased $300 worth of heroin, and officers observed Scheuerell make a transaction with the woman, the complaint said.
A confidential informant told police Scheuerell had purchased heroin from the Milwaukee woman for several others including Malvick but that Malvick and the others now purchased the drug from the woman directly, the complaint said.
Scheurell was convicted on a felony charge of manufacturing/delivery of a narcotic drug and Malvick was convicted on a felony charge of possession of narcotic drugs.
Scheuerell and Malvick were two of nine area residents charged in November 2009 for selling or possessing heroin.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts