Village of Pewaukee – Village President Jeff Knutson said this week that he would be asking the Village Board Tuesday about having a non-binding referendum regarding the merger with the City of Pewaukee.
Knutson said he will suggest questions regarding the proposed street utility district and the consolidation ordinance be placed on the Nov. 2 ballot. The board needs to approve the street utility district in order for the consolidation to move forward. Currently there do not appear to be enough votes to approve the district that would create a separate tax for the village in a merged community. The district would pay for such things as sidewalks, street lights and brush and yard waste pickup.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts