Village of Pewaukee – Village President Jeff Knutson said this week that he would be asking the Village Board Tuesday about having a non-binding referendum regarding the merger with the City of Pewaukee.
Knutson said he will suggest questions regarding the proposed street utility district and the consolidation ordinance be placed on the Nov. 2 ballot. The board needs to approve the street utility district in order for the consolidation to move forward. Currently there do not appear to be enough votes to approve the district that would create a separate tax for the village in a merged community. The district would pay for such things as sidewalks, street lights and brush and yard waste pickup.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts