Village of Pewaukee – Village President Jeff Knutson said this week that he would be asking the Village Board Tuesday about having a non-binding referendum regarding the merger with the City of Pewaukee.
Knutson said he will suggest questions regarding the proposed street utility district and the consolidation ordinance be placed on the Nov. 2 ballot. The board needs to approve the street utility district in order for the consolidation to move forward. Currently there do not appear to be enough votes to approve the district that would create a separate tax for the village in a merged community. The district would pay for such things as sidewalks, street lights and brush and yard waste pickup.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts