Village of Pewaukee – Village President Jeff Knutson said this week that he would be asking the Village Board Tuesday about having a non-binding referendum regarding the merger with the City of Pewaukee.
Knutson said he will suggest questions regarding the proposed street utility district and the consolidation ordinance be placed on the Nov. 2 ballot. The board needs to approve the street utility district in order for the consolidation to move forward. Currently there do not appear to be enough votes to approve the district that would create a separate tax for the village in a merged community. The district would pay for such things as sidewalks, street lights and brush and yard waste pickup.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts