Village of Pewaukee – Village President Jeff Knutson said this week that he would be asking the Village Board Tuesday about having a non-binding referendum regarding the merger with the City of Pewaukee.
Knutson said he will suggest questions regarding the proposed street utility district and the consolidation ordinance be placed on the Nov. 2 ballot. The board needs to approve the street utility district in order for the consolidation to move forward. Currently there do not appear to be enough votes to approve the district that would create a separate tax for the village in a merged community. The district would pay for such things as sidewalks, street lights and brush and yard waste pickup.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts