Village of Pewaukee – The public beach in the downtown will remain closed for at least one more day.
A spokesperson for the Pewaukee Park and Recreation Department said this morning that a sample from the lake could not be taken Sunday or Monday due to the July Fourth holiday but a sample was taken today and the results will be known Wednesday morning. The beach has been closed since June 24 due to high E-coli levels.
E-coli bacteria can cause nausea, fever, and stomach cramps. It is recommended that people do not swim in the water until E-coli counts reach a safe level.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts