Village of Pewaukee – The public beach in the downtown will remain closed for at least one more day.
A spokesperson for the Pewaukee Park and Recreation Department said this morning that a sample from the lake could not be taken Sunday or Monday due to the July Fourth holiday but a sample was taken today and the results will be known Wednesday morning. The beach has been closed since June 24 due to high E-coli levels.
E-coli bacteria can cause nausea, fever, and stomach cramps. It is recommended that people do not swim in the water until E-coli counts reach a safe level.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts