Village of Pewaukee – The public beach in the downtown will remain closed for at least one more day.
A spokesperson for the Pewaukee Park and Recreation Department said this morning that a sample from the lake could not be taken Sunday or Monday due to the July Fourth holiday but a sample was taken today and the results will be known Wednesday morning. The beach has been closed since June 24 due to high E-coli levels.
E-coli bacteria can cause nausea, fever, and stomach cramps. It is recommended that people do not swim in the water until E-coli counts reach a safe level.
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts