City of Pewaukee – A state appeals court today upheld a Waukesha County Circuit Court decision to deny a restraining order to halt the disbanding of the police department on Dec. 31, 2009.
The City of Pewaukee Police Association sought the order in December after a judge ruled in to dismiss a civil action by the union to halt the process of the city contracting with the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
The union argued the city should have acted on a direct-legislation petition before approving a contract with the Sheriff’s Department.
The District 2 Appeals Court ruled direct legislation does not apply when it comes to contracting for police services.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts