City of Pewaukee – A state appeals court today upheld a Waukesha County Circuit Court decision to deny a restraining order to halt the disbanding of the police department on Dec. 31, 2009.
The City of Pewaukee Police Association sought the order in December after a judge ruled in to dismiss a civil action by the union to halt the process of the city contracting with the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
The union argued the city should have acted on a direct-legislation petition before approving a contract with the Sheriff’s Department.
The District 2 Appeals Court ruled direct legislation does not apply when it comes to contracting for police services.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts