City of Pewaukee – A state appeals court today upheld a Waukesha County Circuit Court decision to deny a restraining order to halt the disbanding of the police department on Dec. 31, 2009.
The City of Pewaukee Police Association sought the order in December after a judge ruled in to dismiss a civil action by the union to halt the process of the city contracting with the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
The union argued the city should have acted on a direct-legislation petition before approving a contract with the Sheriff’s Department.
The District 2 Appeals Court ruled direct legislation does not apply when it comes to contracting for police services.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts