City of Pewaukee – A state appeals court today upheld a Waukesha County Circuit Court decision to deny a restraining order to halt the disbanding of the police department on Dec. 31, 2009.
The City of Pewaukee Police Association sought the order in December after a judge ruled in to dismiss a civil action by the union to halt the process of the city contracting with the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
The union argued the city should have acted on a direct-legislation petition before approving a contract with the Sheriff’s Department.
The District 2 Appeals Court ruled direct legislation does not apply when it comes to contracting for police services.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts