City of Pewaukee – A state appeals court today upheld a Waukesha County Circuit Court decision to deny a restraining order to halt the disbanding of the police department on Dec. 31, 2009.
The City of Pewaukee Police Association sought the order in December after a judge ruled in to dismiss a civil action by the union to halt the process of the city contracting with the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
The union argued the city should have acted on a direct-legislation petition before approving a contract with the Sheriff’s Department.
The District 2 Appeals Court ruled direct legislation does not apply when it comes to contracting for police services.
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts