Waukesha – Former Oconomowoc School District teacher Bryan F. Wendt, accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl he met while student teaching in Waukesha, is facing charges for violating conditions of his bail for having contact with the girl.
The Waukesha Police Department received a tip Thursday that Wendt, a former teacher in the Oconomowoc School District, was attempting to contact the Waukesha girl. Detectives were able to monitor the situation and arrested Wendt when he had contact with the juvenile, according to a statement released by the department.
Wendt is accused of having sex with the girl who he met while student teaching at Waukesha Central Middle School. Wendt admitted to having intercourse three or four times and oral sex several times beginning in the summer of 2009, according to prosecutors.
Wendt of 210 Cypress Point, North Prairie, is charged with two felony counts of second-degree sexual assault and two felony counts of child enticement.
Wendt is now facing a charge of bail jumping, according to the police department statement.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts