Bryan F. Wendt, accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl he met while student teaching, is being held in Waukesha County Jail on an additional $10,000 cash bail for violating conditions of his bail for having contact with the victim.
Wendt, 27, was freed on $25,000 cash bail after being charged in May after he was charged with having sex with the girl during the summer of 2009.
Wendt’s attorney Paul Bucher told Waukesha County Circuit Court Commissioner Martin Binn that his client denied the allegations. Bucher said Wendt was jogging in North Prairie Thursday when a vehicle drove up along side him and the girl jumped out, hugged Wendt, and then got back into the car.
The Waukesha Police Department received a tip Thursday that Wendt, a former teacher in the Oconomowoc School District, was attempting to contact the Waukesha girl. Detectives were able to monitor the situation and arrested Wendt when he had contact with the juvenile.
Wendt is accused of having sex with the girl who he met while student teaching at Waukesha Central Middle School. The girl was 14-years-old at the time, according to the criminal complaint.
Wendt 210 Cypress Point, North Prairie, is charged with two felony counts of second-degree sexual assault and two felony counts of child enticement.
Bucher said Wendt resigned his position at the Oconomowoc School District where he worked for two years.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts