Bryan F. Wendt, accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl he met while student teaching, is being held in Waukesha County Jail on an additional $10,000 cash bail for violating conditions of his bail for having contact with the victim.
Wendt, 27, was freed on $25,000 cash bail after being charged in May after he was charged with having sex with the girl during the summer of 2009.
Wendt’s attorney Paul Bucher told Waukesha County Circuit Court Commissioner Martin Binn that his client denied the allegations. Bucher said Wendt was jogging in North Prairie Thursday when a vehicle drove up along side him and the girl jumped out, hugged Wendt, and then got back into the car.
The Waukesha Police Department received a tip Thursday that Wendt, a former teacher in the Oconomowoc School District, was attempting to contact the Waukesha girl. Detectives were able to monitor the situation and arrested Wendt when he had contact with the juvenile.
Wendt is accused of having sex with the girl who he met while student teaching at Waukesha Central Middle School. The girl was 14-years-old at the time, according to the criminal complaint.
Wendt 210 Cypress Point, North Prairie, is charged with two felony counts of second-degree sexual assault and two felony counts of child enticement.
Bucher said Wendt resigned his position at the Oconomowoc School District where he worked for two years.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts