Bryan F. Wendt, accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl he met while student teaching, is being held in Waukesha County Jail on an additional $10,000 cash bail for violating conditions of his bail for having contact with the victim.
Wendt, 27, was freed on $25,000 cash bail after being charged in May after he was charged with having sex with the girl during the summer of 2009.
Wendt’s attorney Paul Bucher told Waukesha County Circuit Court Commissioner Martin Binn that his client denied the allegations. Bucher said Wendt was jogging in North Prairie Thursday when a vehicle drove up along side him and the girl jumped out, hugged Wendt, and then got back into the car.
The Waukesha Police Department received a tip Thursday that Wendt, a former teacher in the Oconomowoc School District, was attempting to contact the Waukesha girl. Detectives were able to monitor the situation and arrested Wendt when he had contact with the juvenile.
Wendt is accused of having sex with the girl who he met while student teaching at Waukesha Central Middle School. The girl was 14-years-old at the time, according to the criminal complaint.
Wendt 210 Cypress Point, North Prairie, is charged with two felony counts of second-degree sexual assault and two felony counts of child enticement.
Bucher said Wendt resigned his position at the Oconomowoc School District where he worked for two years.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts