Village of Pewaukee – A vote on the long-debated merger issue may not occur tonight because one village trustee has gone fishing.
The Village Board is slated to vote on an ordinance to establish a street utility district and the consolidation ordinance. However, Trustee Paul Evert notified village staff late last week that he would be going fishing today, said Village Clerk Sue Atherton, who was asked this morning if all board embers would be in attendance.
Passage of both ordinances would set the stage for a November referendum on consolidating the village with City of Pewaukee. The city’s Common Council did not take action on the consolidation ordinance last night.
The street utility district needs approval of six of the seven members and the consolidation ordinance needs five of seven members.
Village President Jeff Knutson said he was upset that Evert would not be in attendance.
“I’m in a quandary,” he said. “I’m not really happy.”
Knutson said he would be talking with Atherton, Village Administrator Scott Gosse and Village Attorney Mark Blum about the available options, including moving forward on the items or holding a special meeting.
Knutson said he learned of Evert’s intention Friday afternoon. At that point, he said he thought it was too late to try to get hold of everyone to change the meeting date. “And it’s not fair to the constituents,” he said.
- Schimel denies Butler cop's allegations (0)
- Another teenager charged in connection to weapons found at high school (0)
- Area schools thrive in recent DPI report card (0)
- Presentation of Salem Witch Trials on Oct. 22 (0)
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007