Village of Pewaukee – A vote on the long-debated merger issue may not occur tonight because one village trustee has gone fishing.
The Village Board is slated to vote on an ordinance to establish a street utility district and the consolidation ordinance. However, Trustee Paul Evert notified village staff late last week that he would be going fishing today, said Village Clerk Sue Atherton, who was asked this morning if all board embers would be in attendance.
Passage of both ordinances would set the stage for a November referendum on consolidating the village with City of Pewaukee. The city’s Common Council did not take action on the consolidation ordinance last night.
The street utility district needs approval of six of the seven members and the consolidation ordinance needs five of seven members.
Village President Jeff Knutson said he was upset that Evert would not be in attendance.
“I’m in a quandary,” he said. “I’m not really happy.”
Knutson said he would be talking with Atherton, Village Administrator Scott Gosse and Village Attorney Mark Blum about the available options, including moving forward on the items or holding a special meeting.
Knutson said he learned of Evert’s intention Friday afternoon. At that point, he said he thought it was too late to try to get hold of everyone to change the meeting date. “And it’s not fair to the constituents,” he said.
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007