Arrowhead's varsity baseball team had its 2010 season come to an end Tuesday night as they lost to host Brookfield Central at McCoy Field in the opening round of the WIAA regional, 6-2.
The AHS season ended at 16-17, its first losing season in 24 years.
Jordan Paszek was the losing pitcher depsite tossing a three-hitter. He struck out six but walked five and hit two batters. The Warhawks were guilty of four errors. Three of the batters who walked scored runs.
Brady Williams had an RBI in the third inning and Jordy Pendergast singled in a run in the fifth.
AHS missed a golden opportunity to get back into the game in the third inning when they loaded the bases with nobody out and the top of the order coming to bat. They scored just one run.
Central scored three runs in the first and fourth innings.
AHS finished with five hits.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts