Village of Pewaukee – The Pewaukee Lake Patrol issued a slow no-wake warning this morning as lake levels continue to rise. According to the Village of Pewaukee Police Department, which oversees the lake patrol, at 8:30 a.m. the lake level at the dam in downtown Pewaukee was about 6 inches above the slow no-wake level mandated by the state Department of Natural Resources. Lake levels are expected to continue to rise.
Also, Hickory Street near the Highway 16 bridge in the village is flooded, as is the westbound lane of Highway JJ near Yench Road in the City of Pewaukee. Highway KE (Jungbluth Road) is closed between Highway JJ and Highway 16 due to high water levels. About 5.5 inches of rain fell yesterday, according to the Lake Pewaukee Sanitary District.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts