Village of Pewaukee – The Pewaukee Lake Patrol issued a slow no-wake warning this morning as lake levels continue to rise. According to the Village of Pewaukee Police Department, which oversees the lake patrol, at 8:30 a.m. the lake level at the dam in downtown Pewaukee was about 6 inches above the slow no-wake level mandated by the state Department of Natural Resources. Lake levels are expected to continue to rise.
Also, Hickory Street near the Highway 16 bridge in the village is flooded, as is the westbound lane of Highway JJ near Yench Road in the City of Pewaukee. Highway KE (Jungbluth Road) is closed between Highway JJ and Highway 16 due to high water levels. About 5.5 inches of rain fell yesterday, according to the Lake Pewaukee Sanitary District.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts