Waukesha – Chad J. Lurvey, charged in a double murder in 2002, is now being held in Waukesha County Jail on $1 million bail after he was involved in a hit-and-run accident outside a Walworth County bar last week.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge J. Mac Davis this morning upped Lurvey’s bail from $500,000 to $1 million for violating conditions of his bail. Davis also imposed an additional $50,000 bail for the two new charges of felony bail jumping.
Lurvey, 36, formerly of Town of Ottawa, is accused of killing Brian Lazzaro and Andrew Long, both 25, and formerly of Town of Mukwonago in August 2002. He was freed Aug. 25, after Davis reduced his bail from $1.5 million to $500,000. Conditions of his bail included not consuming alcohol and not committing a crime.
According to the criminal complaint, Lurvey was at a bar in Darien July 14, and consumed alcohol and when he left his vehicle struck another vehicle
Police were able to trace the truck to Lurvey because he used his credit card at the bar. At his residence in Delevan, Lurvey denied being at the bar.
Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel told Davis that a bartender said Lurvey had been frequenting the bar and had caused some disturbances. Surveillance video at the bar showed Lurvey buying and consuming alcohol, Schimel.
Lurvey is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 19 on the latest charges.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007