Waukesha – Chad J. Lurvey, charged in a double murder in 2002, is now being held in Waukesha County Jail on $1 million bail after he was involved in a hit-and-run accident outside a Walworth County bar last week.
Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge J. Mac Davis this morning upped Lurvey’s bail from $500,000 to $1 million for violating conditions of his bail. Davis also imposed an additional $50,000 bail for the two new charges of felony bail jumping.
Lurvey, 36, formerly of Town of Ottawa, is accused of killing Brian Lazzaro and Andrew Long, both 25, and formerly of Town of Mukwonago in August 2002. He was freed Aug. 25, after Davis reduced his bail from $1.5 million to $500,000. Conditions of his bail included not consuming alcohol and not committing a crime.
According to the criminal complaint, Lurvey was at a bar in Darien July 14, and consumed alcohol and when he left his vehicle struck another vehicle
Police were able to trace the truck to Lurvey because he used his credit card at the bar. At his residence in Delevan, Lurvey denied being at the bar.
Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel told Davis that a bartender said Lurvey had been frequenting the bar and had caused some disturbances. Surveillance video at the bar showed Lurvey buying and consuming alcohol, Schimel.
Lurvey is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 19 on the latest charges.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007