Help the Waukesha County Backpack Coalition Fill The Bus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday July 31, at Wal-Mart, Pewaukee, Sam’s Club, Waukesha, and Walgreens, Hartland. This event greatly needs donations of new backpacks and school supplies that will be used to ensure Waukesha County students in need start school this fall with the supplies they need to learn and be successful.
Recycle Raccoon will make appearances at Walgreens and the Klements Famous Racing Sausages will be at the the Wal-Mart in Pewaukee and Sam’s Club in Waukesha from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In 2009, just fewer than 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies were distributed to Waukesha County students in need and similar numbers are projected for this year.
“Any support you could provide this program will make a significant impact in the lives of hundreds of families in the community. It is a joy to see the faces of the children light up when they receive their brand new backpack” stated Colleen Martin Waukesha County Backpack Coalition founding member.
Visit www.backpackcoalition.org for additional information.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts