Help the Waukesha County Backpack Coalition Fill The Bus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday July 31, at Wal-Mart, Pewaukee, Sam’s Club, Waukesha, and Walgreens, Hartland. This event greatly needs donations of new backpacks and school supplies that will be used to ensure Waukesha County students in need start school this fall with the supplies they need to learn and be successful.
Recycle Raccoon will make appearances at Walgreens and the Klements Famous Racing Sausages will be at the the Wal-Mart in Pewaukee and Sam’s Club in Waukesha from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In 2009, just fewer than 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies were distributed to Waukesha County students in need and similar numbers are projected for this year.
“Any support you could provide this program will make a significant impact in the lives of hundreds of families in the community. It is a joy to see the faces of the children light up when they receive their brand new backpack” stated Colleen Martin Waukesha County Backpack Coalition founding member.
Visit www.backpackcoalition.org for additional information.
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts