The City of Oconomowoc will close down Wisconsin Avenue from City Hall to Main Street on Aug. 12 for a big screen showing of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
Moonlit Movies is sponsoring the event on the heels of its successful offering last year with the anniversary showing of "the Wizard of Oz". Organizers estimate a potential turnout of 6,000-7,000 visitors.
Downtown businesses are being asked to embrace the Harry Potter theme, encouraging window design, costumes and product sales, in the week before the showing to create a festive environment.
One of the changes being made from last year is the utilization of the Chase Bank parking lot for space for a minimum of 10 stations available for food and merchant vendors. For more information on this event, read tomorrow's Oconomowoc Focus.
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts