The City of Oconomowoc will close down Wisconsin Avenue from City Hall to Main Street on Aug. 12 for a big screen showing of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
Moonlit Movies is sponsoring the event on the heels of its successful offering last year with the anniversary showing of "the Wizard of Oz". Organizers estimate a potential turnout of 6,000-7,000 visitors.
Downtown businesses are being asked to embrace the Harry Potter theme, encouraging window design, costumes and product sales, in the week before the showing to create a festive environment.
One of the changes being made from last year is the utilization of the Chase Bank parking lot for space for a minimum of 10 stations available for food and merchant vendors. For more information on this event, read tomorrow's Oconomowoc Focus.
- Meeting to discus possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts