The City of Oconomowoc will close down Wisconsin Avenue from City Hall to Main Street on Aug. 12 for a big screen showing of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
Moonlit Movies is sponsoring the event on the heels of its successful offering last year with the anniversary showing of "the Wizard of Oz". Organizers estimate a potential turnout of 6,000-7,000 visitors.
Downtown businesses are being asked to embrace the Harry Potter theme, encouraging window design, costumes and product sales, in the week before the showing to create a festive environment.
One of the changes being made from last year is the utilization of the Chase Bank parking lot for space for a minimum of 10 stations available for food and merchant vendors. For more information on this event, read tomorrow's Oconomowoc Focus.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts