The City of Oconomowoc will close down Wisconsin Avenue from City Hall to Main Street on Aug. 12 for a big screen showing of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
Moonlit Movies is sponsoring the event on the heels of its successful offering last year with the anniversary showing of "the Wizard of Oz". Organizers estimate a potential turnout of 6,000-7,000 visitors.
Downtown businesses are being asked to embrace the Harry Potter theme, encouraging window design, costumes and product sales, in the week before the showing to create a festive environment.
One of the changes being made from last year is the utilization of the Chase Bank parking lot for space for a minimum of 10 stations available for food and merchant vendors. For more information on this event, read tomorrow's Oconomowoc Focus.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts