The City of Oconomowoc will close down Wisconsin Avenue from City Hall to Main Street on Aug. 12 for a big screen showing of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
Moonlit Movies is sponsoring the event on the heels of its successful offering last year with the anniversary showing of "the Wizard of Oz". Organizers estimate a potential turnout of 6,000-7,000 visitors.
Downtown businesses are being asked to embrace the Harry Potter theme, encouraging window design, costumes and product sales, in the week before the showing to create a festive environment.
One of the changes being made from last year is the utilization of the Chase Bank parking lot for space for a minimum of 10 stations available for food and merchant vendors. For more information on this event, read tomorrow's Oconomowoc Focus.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts