We welcome your participation in our blogs and other discussion areas within the Journal Interactive network. We hope the words our bloggers write will elicit your comments, whether you agree or disagree with them, just find them entertaining, or have additional information or analysis to pass on.
To keep the conversation enjoyable and interesting for all of our readers, however, we ask that you abide by some simple, common sense rules.
Here's the short version:
- Don't use profanities or obscenities.
- Don't post personal attacks and insults; threats; ethnic, racial, religious or sexual slurs; or otherwise engage in hateful conversation.
- Don't stray from the topic of the blog or submit pointless comments.
- DON'T SHOUT BY USING ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS.
- Don't use this space for press releases or commercial purposes.
- Don't submit knowingly false or libelous comments.
- Don't pretend to be somebody else, or maintain more than one screen name, or use a screen name that might be considered objectionable or insulting.
- Don't knowingly give out any personal information about other individuals, including participants of these blogs.
- Don't post copyrighted or trademarked content.
Also, take what you find among the comments with a grain of salt. Some people in online communities derive satisfaction from trying to upset others. Ignore them. We'll monitor reader comments as best we can, but we do not necessarily read every word submitted by users of these blogs. If you see comments that don't abide by our discussion guidelines, please let us know by clicking the "report abuse" link on the blog or e-mailing our online staff.
By participating in our blogs, you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement. We also reserve the right to change this agreement at any time.
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Stone Bank July 4th Parade and Festival
- Maple Avenue students lead effort to help Oklahoma schools hit by tornadoes
- Templeton band to perform spring concert
- LinkedIn Instructor Offers Free Class May 29 at Brookfield Public Library
- Westcott chosen as high school associate principal
- Victoria Vox Ukulele Concert & Workshop
- Dac Talks
- Childrens Summer Art Camps & Workshops
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog