- News Briefs
- News Briefs: Notable shorts about your community
- Community Briefs: Keep up with happenings in your neighborhood
- Chamber News: Latest information from the Chamber
- Church Briefs: Local church news
- Police Blotter: Read about the latest crimes in your community
- Anniversaries: Marriage milestones
- Births: New bundles of joy
- Deaths Notices: See the latest death notices
- Engagements: Who's getting hitched
- Marriage Licences: See who's applied for a license
- Weddings: Who's tied the knot
- Honor Rolls: For the latest grade and high school honor rolls
- School News: Latest school information
- Student Notes: Notable scholars
- School Lunches: Find out what's for lunch
- Sport Shorts: Stay up to date on sports, news and notes
- Other Features
- Home Sales: Recent home sales
- In Service: Honored soldiers
- On the Move: Movers and shakers in your neighborhood
- Recipe: Tasty recipes for you to try
- Rock Lake Activity Center: Activities
- Senior Lunches: See the plan for senior meals
Letters to the Editor
- Your letters: Our reader's opinions on important subjects
If you or someone you know is struggling with feelings of grief after the loss of a loved one, a new grief support group starting on April 7, 2014 may be of help. Offered through Rainbow Hospice Care, our local, community based hospice, Life after loss will be held for six consecutive Mondays from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at Riverview Manor Community Room, 217 S Water Street E, in Fort Atkinson.
ACA Health Insurance Marketplace
Every January Social Security beneficiaries receive an annual cost of living adjustment (COLA), usually resulting in a slight increase in benefits. According to the Social Security Administration, the purpose of the annual COLA is "…to ensure that the purchasing power of Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits is not eroded by inflation." The COLA increase in 2014 was 1.5%; beneficiaries receiving $1,000 in Social Security benefits in 2013 saw that amount rise to $1,015 in 2014.
"My goal is a healthy horse," stated Jeannie Wright, Wright Hoof Care, at a recent seminar on barefoot hoof care sponsored by Southern Kettle Moraine Horse Trail Association. Wright, who has been trimming horses since 2007, reviewed the features of a healthy, functional hoof, which include a well-developed frog; concavity; a thick, smooth hoof wall, and good lamellar attachment.
Wisconsin hunting, fishing, trapping and other licenses for the 2014-15 seasons went on sale Wednesday, Mar. 5. The new annual licenses are valid through March 31, 2015. Hunting and fishing licenses for the 2013-14 license year will expire March 31, 2014.
Featured this week:
- “Nunsense”: 7:30 p.m. March 7, 8, 14, 15, Lewis Station Winery, 217 N. Main St., Lake Mills. Presented by the Lake Mills’ theater company, Penguin Productions. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at the winery or by calling (920) 648-5481.
- All-You-Can-Eat Chili Supper: 4 to 7 p.m. March 8, at Immanuel United Methodist Church, 201 E. Racine St., Jefferson. Cost is $7 adults; $6 seniors 62 and older, $2.50 ages 5-12; Free to 4 and under and includes chili, cheese, crackers, beverage and dessert; hot dogs available for children. Tickets available at the door. There will also be a bake sale at the dinner. Handicapped accessible. (920) 674-5273.
- All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast: 8 a.m. to noon March 9, American Legion Auxiliary Post 164, 321 N Main St, Jefferson. Cost: $6 adults, $2 children under 12, free for children under 5. (920) 674-3772. Visit Facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/738873016152734/
- Tack Swap: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 9, Johnstown Community Center, 9937 E. County Road A, Janesville. $1 donation or nonperishable food item for entry. For more information visit www.wamstar.org.
Updates to this calendar are made weekly Wednesday afternoon.
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Americana Band Whiskey Belles Coming to the Schauer Center!
- Waukesha Just Between Friends Sale Starts March 21
- FREE Children's Easter Egg Hunt / Candy Drop
- Town Bank Hosts Annual Spring Shredding Events
- Local Artists invited to participate in WRAP Exhibit and Workshop
- GRAMMY® Award-Winner Randy Brecker Trumpet Clinic with students from Hartford, Arrowhead and Oconomowoc
- Step Your Way Into the Schauer Center With Step Afrika!
- 2 Lake Country Lutheran Soccer players named to 2013 Lutheran HS All American Team
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog