- News Briefs
- News Briefs: Notable shorts about your community
- Community Briefs: Keep up with happenings in your neighborhood
- Chamber News: Latest information from the Chamber
- Church Briefs: Local church news
- Police Blotter: Read about the latest crimes in your community
- Anniversaries: Marriage milestones
- Births: New bundles of joy
- Deaths Notices: See the latest death notices
- Engagements: Who's getting hitched
- Marriage Licences: See who's applied for a license
- Weddings: Who's tied the knot
- Honor Rolls: For the latest grade and high school honor rolls
- School News: Latest school information
- Student Notes: Notable scholars
- School Lunches: Find out what's for lunch
- Sport Shorts: Stay up to date on sports, news and notes
- Other Features
- Home Sales: Recent home sales
- In Service: Honored soldiers
- On the Move: Movers and shakers in your neighborhood
- Recipe: Tasty recipes for you to try
- Rock Lake Activity Center: Activities
- Senior Lunches: See the plan for senior meals
Letters to the Editor
- Your letters: Our reader's opinions on important subjects
When you think of spring on a farm, the first thing that comes to mind are typically baby animals. Busy Barns Adventure Farm in Fort Atkinson is no exception. This spring the farm is full of hatching chicks, baby bunnies, kittens to catch, goats to hold and a brand-new colt.
The Fort Atkinson-Eli Pierce Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution hosted its annual DAR Good Citizens Luncheon Thursday, April 13, at Hi-Way Harry's in Johnson Creek.
Rock and Jefferson County-area women are invited to grab their hammers and volunteer during Habitat for Humanity's sixth annual National Women Build Week, May 4-12. More than 300 Habitat affiliates nationwide will host women's building projects in partnership with Lowe's, the underwriter of Habitat's Women Build program.
Fort Atkinson - The Hoard Historical Museum in Fort Atkinson announces has recently received a bequest of arrowheads and other stone tools from the estate of longtime Fort Atkinson area resident Lloyd Hake. A total of 544 pieces were donated, and they are all on display in the museum's Mary Hoard Gallery.
Working as a press assistant for a former Wisconsin governor, Erin Celello remembers the numerous times she met with grieving family and friends of veterans.
Featured this week:
- American Idol Talent Show: 5:45 p.m. tasting buffet and 7 p.m. show, May 17, Central Coast Restaurant, Fort Atkinson. Tickets: $20. Persons with musical talents and silent auction items being sought. Benefits Family Promise of Jefferson County. Call John Woodbury (920) 674-5210.
- Garage Sale Extravaganza: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 17-18, St. Pius garage and grounds, 701 W. Water St., Cambridge. Proceeds go to Cambridge and Deerfield food pantries and to PADA in Jefferson County. Many household items, furniture, tools, clothing, collectibles and much, much more. Items priced to sell.
- Fiesta Cultural Latino Americana: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., May 18, Riverside Park, Watertown. Fiesta 5k begins at 9 a.m. Food and beverage sale from noon to 8 p.m. Dance performances, contest, prizes, children’s games including piñatas, soccer games, live music with open dance floor and top raffle prize of $500. www.fiestacultural.org
- Spaghetti Dinner: 4 to 7 p.m., May 18, Immanuel United Methodist Church, 201 E. Racine St., Jefferson. Cost: Adults $7, children $3.50. Take outs welcome. To benefit People Against Domestic and Sexual Abuse (PADA) of Jefferson County.
Updates to this calendar are made weekly Wednesday afternoon.
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- MainStage Dancers Perform at OAC May 26th
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday!
- Little Treasures Launches Summer Camp June 10-August 30th, 2013
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Learn to skate
- Christ the King Church Announces Vacation Bible School Schedule
- Birth to 3 Walk on June 1st Frame Park
- Waukesha County HeartChase is June 22
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog