- Community Briefs
- Community Briefs: Keep up with happenings in your neighborhood
- Births: New bundles of joy
- Marriage Licences: See who's applied for a license
- Student Notes: Notable scholars
- School Lunches: Find out what's for lunch
- Other Features
- Home Sales: Recent home sales
- On the Move: Movers and shakers in your neighborhood
- Recipe: Tasty recipes for you to try
- Senior Lunches: See the plan for senior meals
Letters to the Editor
- Your letters: Our reader's opinions on important subjects
Stressing the importance of offering nutritious meals to children during the summer months, the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Office of PreCollege Programs announces the sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program at its Upward Bound and Summer Academic Camp programs.
Jefferson County Farm Service Agency (FSA) Executive Director, Debra Schut, announced that orchardists and nursery tree growers who experienced losses from natural disasters that occurred on or after Oct. 1, 2011, can sign up for the Tree Assistance Program (TAP) beginning Tuesday, April 15, 2014. TAP was authorized by the Agricultural Act of 2014 as a permanent disaster program.
After evaluating available information and taking into account the severity of this winter, the state wildlife officials and several key partners have agreed that the state's first elk hunt in the modern era will have to wait at least one more year.
Adult and high school artists may enter their artwork in the 54th Annual Mary Hoard Art Show, Part 2, starting on Wednesday, April 23, between Noon and 4:30 p.m. at the Hoard Historical Museum in Fort Atkinson. Additional entry dates are Friday, April 25, from Noon to 4:30 p.m. and on Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thinking of what you can do for that special woman for Mothers' Day? If she's on Medicare, see if you can help save her money on health care.
Featured this week:
- Bunny Breakfast, Bonnet Parade and the Optimist Club Easter Egg Hunt: April 12, Annual Bunny Breakfast at Keystone, 206 W. Main St., Cambridge from 8 to 10 a.m. At 10:15 a.m. meet at Veterans Park for the bonnet parade. Wear your favorite hat and walk down historic Main Street with Mr. Cottontail . The Optimist Club will host the annual Easter Egg Hunt at Ripley Park at 11 a.m. www.cambridgewi.com.
- Calling All Families Seed Planting Workshops: April 12, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Hoard Historical Museum. Preregistration required. 401 Whitewater Ave., Fort Atkinson. (920) 563-7769; email@example.com. No admission fee.
- Scrapbooking Workshop, Potluck: April 12, 1 p.m. to 9 p.m., Palmyra-Eagle High School Community Room, Entrance 3, 123 Burr Oak St., Palmyra. Bring a dish to share, try new tools, techniques. Contact Deborah Davis, (262) 374-3372, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Friends of the Library Used Book & Media Sale: April 12, 9:30 to noon. Fort Atkinson Library, 209 Merchants Ave. Kick off National Library Week. The sale room is stocked full of books of every kind and used media including DVDs, CDs, videos and books on cassette. Members can buy a bag of books for $3. Memberships are available during the sale.
Updates to this calendar are made weekly Wednesday afternoon.
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Midwest Penguins Announce Expanded Big Ball Bash Volleyball Event May 2 & 3
- "Be the Voice of Catholic Women!" Attend the MACCW Convention!
- Hamilton performs at Jazz Festival
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog