- Community Briefs
- Community Briefs: Keep up with happenings in your neighborhood
- Births: New bundles of joy
- Marriage Licences: See who's applied for a license
- Student Notes: Notable scholars
- School Lunches: Find out what's for lunch
- Other Features
- Home Sales: Recent home sales
- On the Move: Movers and shakers in your neighborhood
- Recipe: Tasty recipes for you to try
- Senior Lunches: See the plan for senior meals
Letters to the Editor
- Your letters: Our reader's opinions on important subjects
Stressing the importance of offering nutritious meals to children during the summer months, the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Office of PreCollege Programs announces the sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program at its Upward Bound and Summer Academic Camp programs.
Jefferson County Farm Service Agency (FSA) Executive Director, Debra Schut, announced that orchardists and nursery tree growers who experienced losses from natural disasters that occurred on or after Oct. 1, 2011, can sign up for the Tree Assistance Program (TAP) beginning Tuesday, April 15, 2014. TAP was authorized by the Agricultural Act of 2014 as a permanent disaster program.
After evaluating available information and taking into account the severity of this winter, the state wildlife officials and several key partners have agreed that the state's first elk hunt in the modern era will have to wait at least one more year.
Adult and high school artists may enter their artwork in the 54th Annual Mary Hoard Art Show, Part 2, starting on Wednesday, April 23, between Noon and 4:30 p.m. at the Hoard Historical Museum in Fort Atkinson. Additional entry dates are Friday, April 25, from Noon to 4:30 p.m. and on Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thinking of what you can do for that special woman for Mothers' Day? If she's on Medicare, see if you can help save her money on health care.
Featured this week:
- .Annual Egg Hunt: 2 p.m. April 19, Johnson Creek Premium Outlets. Children 10 and under are invited to bring a basket and enjoy a free traditional egg hunt. Bring your camera and visit with the Easter Bunny. The event will be held near the grassy plaza east of Nike Clearance Store.
- BYOBrain: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 19, Jefferson Public Library. Enjoy old fashioned family fun with a selection of board games or test your trivia skills with some of our trivia games. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Registration not required. To obtain a monthly calendar of events, stop in at the Youth Services Department or call (920) 674-7733 ext. 203.
- Seventh Annual Cocktails for a Cause: 6 to 9 p.m. April 19, Salamone's Restaurant Bar and Grill, 1245 Madison Ave., Fort Atkinson. Raffles, silent auction and musical entertainment. A percentage of all bar sales will be donated, and all proceeds from the raffles and silent auction will be going to our cause in keeping our Great Lakes clean. http://www.crimsonsalonandspa.com.
- Free Easter Brunch: 8:30 a.m. to noon April 20, Immanuel United Methodist Church, 201 E. Racine St., Jefferson. Everyone welcome, handicap accessible. RSVP at (920) 674-5273. Leave a message.
Updates to this calendar are made weekly Wednesday afternoon.
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Midwest Penguins Announce Expanded Big Ball Bash Volleyball Event May 2 & 3
- "Be the Voice of Catholic Women!" Attend the MACCW Convention!
- Hamilton performs at Jazz Festival
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog