- Community Briefs
- Community Briefs: Keep up with happenings in your neighborhood
- Births: New bundles of joy
- Marriage Licences: See who's applied for a license
- Student Notes: Notable scholars
- School Lunches: Find out what's for lunch
- Other Features
- Home Sales: Recent home sales
- On the Move: Movers and shakers in your neighborhood
- Recipe: Tasty recipes for you to try
- Senior Lunches: See the plan for senior meals
Letters to the Editor
- Your letters: Our reader's opinions on important subjects
As they walked around the American Marketing Association international conference, UW-Whitewater students felt a lot like Michael Phelps at the Olympics.
Andrew Phillips remembers the grade school field trip to the Medical College of Wisconsin that changed his career perspective.
Pinned to the wall behind David Cartwright's desk is a faded newspaper clipping that reads "Schopenhauer till you drop."
The Greater Whitewater Committee (GWC) will feature their 2nd annual Discover Whitewater Series through Whitewater on September 21. Taking place in conjunction with the Discover Whitewater Series Half-Marathon, Half-Marathon relay and 5K, is Working for Whitewater's Wellness (W3) Fit Kid Shuffle which features a one—mile fun run geared for kids 12 and under. This event is free to all kids 12 and under thanks to W3's Fit Kid Scholarship program.
Stressing the importance of offering nutritious meals to children during the summer months, the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Office of PreCollege Programs announces the sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program at its Upward Bound and Summer Academic Camp programs.
Featured this week:
- .Annual Egg Hunt: 2 p.m. April 19, Johnson Creek Premium Outlets. Children 10 and under are invited to bring a basket and enjoy a free traditional egg hunt. Bring your camera and visit with the Easter Bunny. The event will be held near the grassy plaza east of Nike Clearance Store.
- BYOBrain: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 19, Jefferson Public Library. Enjoy old fashioned family fun with a selection of board games or test your trivia skills with some of our trivia games. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Registration not required. To obtain a monthly calendar of events, stop in at the Youth Services Department or call (920) 674-7733 ext. 203.
- Seventh Annual Cocktails for a Cause: 6 to 9 p.m. April 19, Salamone's Restaurant Bar and Grill, 1245 Madison Ave., Fort Atkinson. Raffles, silent auction and musical entertainment. A percentage of all bar sales will be donated, and all proceeds from the raffles and silent auction will be going to our cause in keeping our Great Lakes clean. http://www.crimsonsalonandspa.com.
- Free Easter Brunch: 8:30 a.m. to noon April 20, Immanuel United Methodist Church, 201 E. Racine St., Jefferson. Everyone welcome, handicap accessible. RSVP at (920) 674-5273. Leave a message.
Updates to this calendar are made weekly Wednesday afternoon.
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Member celebrates 94th birthday Tues Apr 21st
- Celebrate Spring with Schauer Community School of the Arts
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Arthritis Doesn't Have to Mean It's Time to Slow Down
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog