- News Briefs
- News Briefs: Notable shorts about your community
- Community Briefs: Keep up with happenings in your neighborhood
- Chamber News: Latest information from the Chamber
- Church Briefs: Local church news
- Police Blotter: Read about the latest crimes in your community
- Anniversaries: Marriage milestones
- Births: New bundles of joy
- Deaths Notices: See the latest death notices
- Engagements: Who's getting hitched
- Marriage Licences: See who's applied for a license
- Weddings: Who's tied the knot
- Honor Rolls: For the latest grade and high school honor rolls
- School News: Latest school information
- Student Notes: Notable scholars
- School Lunches: Find out what's for lunch
- Sport Shorts: Stay up to date on sports, news and notes
- Other Features
- Home Sales: Recent home sales
- In Service: Honored soldiers
- On the Move: Movers and shakers in your neighborhood
- Recipe: Tasty recipes for you to try
- Rock Lake Activity Center: Activities
- Senior Lunches: See the plan for senior meals
Letters to the Editor
- Your letters: Our reader's opinions on important subjects
Join the Jefferson Public Library for the following events:
Green Bay Packers linebacker Dave Robinson will have his name unveiled on the facade of Lambeau Field on Dec. 8. The next day, Green Bay's latest member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame will be in Johnson Creek. Robinson's first public appearance after being added to the ring of honor will be at Culver's in Johnson Creek.
The sixth annual Fort Atkinson Winter Farmers and Art Market is planned for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, on South Main Street in downtown Fort Atkinson.
Join the Friends of the Glacial Heritage Area and the Jefferson-Dodge Bird Walk group for a hike in the Mud Lake State Wildlife Area, northeast of Waterloo in the southeast section of Dodge County, at 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 7.
Seniors who want to eat at any of the senior dining sites must call one day in advance, between 10 a.m. and noon. Donation amount is $3.50. The Johnson Creek senior dining site is open Mondays only at St. John's Lutheran Church, (920) 674-8134; the Lake Mills site is at City Hall, (920) 648-2919; Jefferson, Senior Center, (920) 675-0102; Rome, home delivery, (920) 674-8134.
Featured this week: .
- Cambridge Country Christmas: Dec. 6-8, Experience the original country Christmas in a Victorian village. Free horse-drawn hayrides , visits and photos with Santa, kids activities, caroling, cookies, strolling madrigal singers, lights display, tree lighting ceremony, breakfast with Santa, live Nativity, pet photos and more.
- 18th Annual Parade of Lights: 5:30 p.m.., Dec. 7, downtown Jefferson. Beginning at the corner of Walworth and Main and proceed north to Main and Racine streets head east for one block and turn south on Center Street back to the starting area. Santa will be available after the parade to visit with the children.
- All-You-Can-Eat Chili Supper: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Dec. 7, Busseyville Community Church. The church is located 8 miles east of Edgerton and 8 miles west of Fort Atkinson, on Highway 106, in Busseyville. For more information, call (920) 650-3652.
- Children’s Festival: 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Dec. 7, Johnson Creek Community Center. Holiday celebration for everyone. Santa arrives around 10:30 a.m. There will be make-and-take projects for the children to enjoy. Horse-drawn wagon rides, farm animals, homemade holiday candy and baked goods for sale. Free admission. Free coffee, cocoa, popcorn and hot dogs during the event.
Updates to this calendar are made weekly Wednesday afternoon.
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- CPA Presents - "Avner the Eccentric"
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Need some holiday gift ideas for that golfer in your life?
- Elation Dance Center Presents: Wonders of the Season
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosting Cash Drive for Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry
- Santa Lucia Festival & Craft Fair Dec. 7
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Fun With Google Body Browser
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog