- Community Briefs
- Community Briefs: Keep up with happenings in your neighborhood
- Births: New bundles of joy
- Marriage Licences: See who's applied for a license
- Student Notes: Notable scholars
- School Lunches: Find out what's for lunch
- Other Features
- Home Sales: Recent home sales
- On the Move: Movers and shakers in your neighborhood
- Recipe: Tasty recipes for you to try
- Senior Lunches: See the plan for senior meals
Letters to the Editor
- Your letters: Our reader's opinions on important subjects
The Jefferson Chamber of Commerce will be hosting the 13th Annual Autumn Fest in downtown Jefferson on Oct. 4 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Any one interested in being a vendor please contact the chamber office at (920) 674-4511.
Another Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) at hand. Each year from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7, Medicare beneficiaries have the opportunity to enroll in, switch, or disenroll from Medicare standalone prescription drug plans (Medicare Part D) and Medicare Advantage plans (Medicare Part C).
Jefferson County Living
The Our Daily Bread nutrition center provides a nutritious noontime meal prepared in the certified kitchen of the First Congregational Church United Church of Christ, 31 W. Milwaukee Ave., Fort Atkinson. Meals are available for seniors and friends.
Featured this week:
- Arts and Sparks in the Park: Sept. 20, Ralph Park, Fort Atkinson. Fort Arts Council, along with Loeb-Lorman Metals, will be hosting the free event which consists of a live action Welding Rodeo creating public sculpture out of scrap metal and a juried fine arts and crafts fair. There will be food, activities for kids, entertainment and cash prizes for participants offered in both the rodeo and the fine arts and crafts fair.
- Duck Race: Sept. 20, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Bicentennial Park, Fort Atkinson. Annual event hosted by The Boys & Girls Club of Fort Atkinson. The Duck Race will begin at 12:30 p.m. Duck tickets are $5, a quack pack of five ducks for $20 and a flock of 20 ducks for $75. Cash prizes, free kids activities and lunch for purchase.
- Harvest Moon Wine Festival: Sept. 20, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Vetro Winery, 1414 Vino Lane, Jefferson. Event features, farmers market, unique arts and crafts, savory snacks, food, music, raffles, wine tasting, cheese pairing by Sartori. (920) 674-9650, vetrowine.com.
- Jefferson County Council for the Performing Arts Cookout: Sept. 20, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Pernat's Premium Meats, 312 Milwaukee St.,Johnson Creek. Some of the items on the menu are Pernat's brats, hot dogs, hamburgers and cheeseburgers. Proceeds support the CPA's mission to provide culturally valuable, affordable and accessible entertainment, together with performing arts opportunities for people in Jefferson County and surrounding areas.
Updates to this calendar are made weekly Wednesday afternoon.
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 7th Annual Candy Buy Back for Operation Gratitude!
- Maple Avenue earns state high progress award
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Is Going Barefoot Really a Prescription for Fewer Running-Related Injuries?
- Welcome Autumn Storytime Sept. 22 at Mama D's Coffee
- Annual Waterford Fall Harvest Fest October 5
- Free Recycling Program for Ink and Toner Cartridges
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- Recycling Stream Quality
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog