Senate special election takes place Tuesday
With no Democratic challenger in Tuesday's District 33 State Senate special election, Rep. Paul Farrow has essentially already sewn up a win.
But it will become official next week, Dev. 4, when voters return to the polls in parts of Dodge, Washington and Waukesha counties.
Locally, District 33 covers the towns of Delafield, Genesee, Ottawa; villages of Dousman, North Prairie, Wales; City of Delafield; and part of the Village of Summit. To see if the Senate seat represents your area, visit MyVote.wi.gov.
The seat was vacated when Sen. Rich Zipperer was appointed deputy chief of staff and senior counsel in Gov. Scott Walker's cabinet in July.
Farrow, a Republican, defeated Rep. Chris Kapenga, another Republican, in the Senate primary Nov. 6.
The next election for the 33rd Senate seat will take place in 2014.
It is likely a special election will be held to fill Farrow's position in the 98th Assembly District.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog