Police: Distracted driving caused morning crash
Distracted driving led to the crash this morning that closed Highway 83 in the Town of Delafield, between Highway 18 and I-94, according to police.
Detective Steve Pederson of the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department said a 19-year-old Wales man was southbound on Highway 83 at about 6:45 a.m. when he became distracted while using an electronic device. His 1997 Nissan went off the road and onto the gravel shoulder near Mary Court. He overcorrected when he steered back onto the roadway and lost control of the vehicle, Pederson said.
His car then hit a northbound 2006 Buick driven by a 45-year-old Milwaukee woman. Both drivers were taken to Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, Pederson said.
Further details were not available.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog