Gas up the snowblower
Bundle up, Lake Country, it looks like another winter storm is headed this way.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch from Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. A mixture of snow, sleet and freezing rain is expected to develop late tonight and Saturday morning. It may turn to rain for a time, and will then change to snow Saturday afternoon. Snow may be moderate to heavy, and gusty winds mean blowing and drifting is expected Saturday night and Sunday.
Snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches are possible before it all wraps up Sunday night. Higher accumulation is expected in the northern parts of Waukesha and Jefferson counties.
The area will be hit with a second punch going into the start of next week, as frigid temperatures are expected to follow the weekend's precipitation. Wind chills of -15 to -30 are expected Sunday night into Monday.
The National Weather Service noted that the track of the storm remains somewhat uncertain. "A slight shift north or south will impact snow amounts and the amount of mixed precipitation," it said in a news release. "The most uncertain area is along the populated I-94 corridor from Madison to Milwaukee."
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog