Oconomowoc dentist encourages good deeds with contest
The offices of Dr. Jim Michaels, DDS hosted the first "Do A Good Deed Contest" this year, encouraging children from the local community to submit a short essay detailing a good deed they had done for a family member, friend, or neighbor. The contest winner will be announced July 15.
Dr. Michaels has been in practice for over 20 years in the Oconomowoc Dental Center, 819 Summit Avenue, Oconomowoc. He said this is the first contest of any kind that his office has hosted.
"With so much negativity we thought it would be really a nice gesture," said Michaels.
Look for more details in the Tuesday edition of the Oconomowoc Focus.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
» Tee time
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Midwest Penguins Announce Expanded Big Ball Bash Volleyball Event May 2 & 3
- "Be the Voice of Catholic Women!" Attend the MACCW Convention!
- Hamilton performs at Jazz Festival
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog