Free Thanksgiving meal today
A free Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings will be from 3 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 23 at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee St., Delafield, in the church's Great Hall.
The meal is a collaborative ecumenical event with Christ the King Lutheran, St. Joan of Arc Catholic, Delafield Presbyterian, and St. John’s Chrysostom Episcopal churches with Nashotah House Theological Seminary and St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy.
All are welcome, with a special invitation to such groups as members of the military (past and present) and their families, elderly, homeless, disabled, men’s and women’s shelters, rehab facilities and those who find themselves alone at this time of the year.
Contributions are still sought to help the goal of feeding 300 to 400 people at this gathering.
The food items needed are nonperishable products such as whole kernel corn, cut green beans, cream of mushroom soup, jelled cranberry sauce, fruit cocktail, sliced peaches, pineapple tidbits and 2-liter bottles of Pepsi products. Monetary donations will also be appreciated. Make donations at any of the host congregations, indicating that they are for the Thanksgiving Dinner.
A Service of Thanksgiving will follow the dinner at Victory Noble Chapel on the campus of St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy, beginning at 7 p.m. The guest preacher for the service is The Rev. Bob Jensen, pastor at Brookfield Presbyterian Church in Delafield. The service will conclude with a PieFest, served in the Academy mess hall.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog