Former Nashotah fire chief dies
Village of Nashotah – Retired village Fire Chief Richard Hagemann, who was instrumental in the consolidation of three Lake Country fire departments, died Saturday morning at AngelsGrace Hospice in Oconomowoc, according to Lake Country Fire and Rescue Chief Jack Edwards.
Nashotah Village President Richard Lartz said Hagemann was admitted to the hospice Friday. He had been suffering from pancreatic cancer, according to Lartz.
In the late 1990s, Hagemann was instrumental in convincing Nashotah and Chenequa elected officials and residents that they should consolidate their village fire departments.
He also helped convince Nashotah village officials to construct a new fire station that would be large enough to accommodate future consolidation of the newly created Lake Country Fire Department.
About a decade later, preparing to retire as chief of the Lake Country Fire Department, Hagemann helped advise the Lake Country Fire Board and the City of Delafield in the creation of what would become Lake Country Fire and Rescue, which is entering its third year of serving the communities of Chenequa, Nashotah and the City of Delafield.
Lartz and Edwards said there will be no memorials or services.
“Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers,” Edwards said.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog