This is spring?
Meteorological spring is here, but you wouldn't know it by looking out the window. Heavy snow is falling, and depths coule reach 6 to 9 inches, according to the National Weather Service.
A winter storm warning is in effect through this evening. The snowfall is expected to peak during the evening rush hour.
So far, there have been just a handful of closings announced. Meetings at the Delafield American Legion Post have been called off, as have services for the congregation of Emanu-El in Waukesha. The Dance Academy Ltd. is also closed.
The Oconomowoc School District has cancelled its regional forensics meet.
Kettle Moraine Schools said forecasted snow has cancelled all after-school activities tonight.
To keep tabs on further closings, click here.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog