Dousman church attracting members
Emmanuel United Church of Christ in Dousman has experienced increased interest and new members after officially becoming an open and affirming congregation.
Two families from Dousman and Summit said they joined the church because they want their children, "to be raised in a church that accepts everybody."
Rev. Nansi Hawkins said, “open and affirming” is the term used to designate United Church of Christ congregations that “publicly affirm, celebrate and endorse gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered (GLBT) members.
Hawkins said that around six new families have made Emmanuel their regular church since the church became open and affirming.
More on this story in Thursday's Kettle Moraine Index
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
A Lake Country Twist
on holiday favorites
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- CPA Presents - "Avner the Eccentric"
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Need some holiday gift ideas for that golfer in your life?
- Elation Dance Center Presents: Wonders of the Season
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosting Cash Drive for Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry
- Santa Lucia Festival & Craft Fair Dec. 7
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Fun With Google Body Browser
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog