Mukwonago icon Harold Koeffler dies
Harold Koeffler, who owned Koeffler Chevrolet in Mukwonago for decades, died Wednesday at age 100.
Visitation is planned for 2:30 until the Masonic service on Sunday, April 29, at the Schmidt and Bartelt Funeral Home, 930 Main St., Mukwonago. A second visitation is planned for 10:30 until the 11 a.m. funeral service Monday, April 30, at the funeral home. The family will have a private burial at Oak Knoll Cemetery in Mukwonago.
Memorials are suggested to the Mukwonago Public Library or Timber Tree.
Koeffler was involved in numerous community organizations and efforts, including membership of the Mukwonago Kiwanis and Kiwanis Foundation Board, the Mukwonago Library Board, Shriners, 32nd-degree Mason, Scottish Rite and Mukwonago Chamber of Commerce. He was a member of Cousin Otto's Clown Alley under the name "Wheels." He was the Waukesha Coin Club's oldest member, attending his last coin show and negotiating sales last month.
He loved to travel, and visited every continent. He was an invited member of the first USA business delegation to China, walked on Antarctica icebergs at age 82 and explored Iceland at 92.
Watch for a story in next week's Mukwonago Chief.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog