Mukwonago icon Harold Koeffler dies
Harold Koeffler, who owned Koeffler Chevrolet in Mukwonago for decades, died Wednesday at age 100.
Visitation is planned for 2:30 until the Masonic service on Sunday, April 29, at the Schmidt and Bartelt Funeral Home, 930 Main St., Mukwonago. A second visitation is planned for 10:30 until the 11 a.m. funeral service Monday, April 30, at the funeral home. The family will have a private burial at Oak Knoll Cemetery in Mukwonago.
Memorials are suggested to the Mukwonago Public Library or Timber Tree.
Koeffler was involved in numerous community organizations and efforts, including membership of the Mukwonago Kiwanis and Kiwanis Foundation Board, the Mukwonago Library Board, Shriners, 32nd-degree Mason, Scottish Rite and Mukwonago Chamber of Commerce. He was a member of Cousin Otto's Clown Alley under the name "Wheels." He was the Waukesha Coin Club's oldest member, attending his last coin show and negotiating sales last month.
He loved to travel, and visited every continent. He was an invited member of the first USA business delegation to China, walked on Antarctica icebergs at age 82 and explored Iceland at 92.
Watch for a story in next week's Mukwonago Chief.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog