Oconomowoc's new website goes live today
The City of Oconomowoc will unveil its new website, www.oconomowoc-wi.gov at 5 p.m.
The new site has been in the works for several months and allows the city to provide a functional informational tool for residents and visitors as well as provide an improved image and representation for the city, Economic Development Director Bob Duffy said.
“The old site was focused on information, whereas the new site will include service as well,” Duffy said.
The new site includes:
• A new central menu, which will help users navigate the site
• A new global navigation
• A request section where residents can report concerns such as potholes or street lights that are out and get responses from staff in addressing those comments
• Videos and available commercial properties
• Citizen updates using Facebook & RSS feeds
Residents can look for the “Report A Concern” link to fill out a request to city staff or the “Notify Me” link on the homepage to receive alerts from the city, such as special events, public meeting information, and emergency alerts.
“The website is our central hub of communications. It allows people to do business online and find the information they need at their convenience. It’s an excellent way to build good relationships with citizens and to make visitors feel welcome,” said Oconomowoc City Administrator Diane Gard.
CivicPlus, a company which specializes in building city and county e-government communication systems, maintains the city’s website.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Winter Services, Inc. Hires General Manager
- Hamilton students score high in W!SE Financial Literacy Certification
- Lake Country Clean Water Festival Makes a Splash
- Palmyra-Eagle Students Studying Abroad
- Express Employment Professionals Awarded “Best of Staffing”
- First annual Village Extreme to be held June 22, 2013 in Brookfield Village
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church Annual Picnic
- FREE Week- Basketball Academy
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog