Man, 84, recovering after hit-and-run in Sussex
Sussex resident Camillo Damico sustained severe injuries after being hit during his morning walk around 6:40 a.m. in the area of Good Hope Road and Maple Avenue.
Waukesha County Sheriff's Lt. Torin Misko said that another driver saw Damico sitting up on the road and noticing something was wrong, stopped to help him. Misko said Damico cannot recall anything about the car that hit him. He said Damico was walking west on the south side of Good Hope. The 84-year-old suffered broken bones, but his injuries are not life-threatening, Misko said.
The Sussex Fire Department responded and transported him to Community Memorial Hospital where he remains recovering.
Misko said so far, no witnesses have contacted police. He said anyone with any information should call the Sheriff's Department 24-hour phone number at (262) 548-7122.
Misko said that Good Hope is a well-traveled route for residents on their way to work, but there has been no real history of accidents or reports of speeding in the area where Damico was hit.
He again urged anyone with information to call as police continue to investigate.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog