Man, 84, recovering after hit-and-run in Sussex
Sussex resident Camillo Damico sustained severe injuries after being hit during his morning walk around 6:40 a.m. in the area of Good Hope Road and Maple Avenue.
Waukesha County Sheriff's Lt. Torin Misko said that another driver saw Damico sitting up on the road and noticing something was wrong, stopped to help him. Misko said Damico cannot recall anything about the car that hit him. He said Damico was walking west on the south side of Good Hope. The 84-year-old suffered broken bones, but his injuries are not life-threatening, Misko said.
The Sussex Fire Department responded and transported him to Community Memorial Hospital where he remains recovering.
Misko said so far, no witnesses have contacted police. He said anyone with any information should call the Sheriff's Department 24-hour phone number at (262) 548-7122.
Misko said that Good Hope is a well-traveled route for residents on their way to work, but there has been no real history of accidents or reports of speeding in the area where Damico was hit.
He again urged anyone with information to call as police continue to investigate.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog